4:1 split case gears!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

orangefj45

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Advance Adapters just released their latest offering for lower land cruiser gearing options; a 4-to-1 gear set for the split cases. right now, only the 38mm kit is available for bushing supported t-cases. within the next couple of months the 34mm version will foloow. asof now, there are no plans for the 38mm bearing supported gears so if you'd like to run these in your fj62 you'll need to change the main shaft to the fj60 counterpart.
the kit will consist of the entire gear set and installation will require machine work to the case halves to create clearance for the larger diameter low speed gear.
pricing has been set at $1550 retail. i will be running an introductary special here on mud for $1475. let me know if you're interested in a set...
i saw the prototype set in person at AA's facility two months ago. i will have that gear set here at the shop later this week at which point i will be installing them in a split case in one of my personal vehicles; vortec powered 80 with a 4L60E behind it on 35s.
i will be doing an install write-up in the hardcore section on here along with some pics as time permits.
here's a pic of the gear set itself.

tia

georg @ valley hybrids
split case gears.jpg

oooooo I like it :grinpimp:

Oh wow. This would be a better option than a Toybox for a lot of people, cheaper too. Very interested:cheers:

thanks for the replies guys. i've been asking for these since the orion was introduced and it's finally become a reality. should be a fantastic "bolt-in" upgrade with no other mods needed.

if you're serious about wanting a set of these gears, please pm or email me at:

orangefj45@sbcglobal.net

hth

georg @ valley hybrids

High range

Is there any change in hi range?

nope, high range is not affected and stays 1:1

hth

georg @ valley hybrids

Odd they would release the 38mm set first. That's the rarest case, used only for a year and a half.

Still, I got one of these and a 5 speed on the garage floor. Time to work some OT. I'm quite interested in putting the combo in my FJ62.

Georg-If you instigated these, good work. That's a great new option, especially behind an H41 or H55.

:cheers:

Odd they would release the 38mm set first. That's the rarest case, used only for a year and a half.

Still, I got one of these and a 5 speed on the garage floor. Time to work some OT. I'm quite interested in putting the combo in my FJ62.

Georg-If you instigated these, good work. That's a great new option, especially behind an H41 or H55.

:cheers:

not exactly drew. sure, here i nthe usa the 38mm cases are few and far between since we only got autos after 87. but the rest of the world still had the option to get manual transmissions in cruisers. what does that matter you ask? simple: every split case sold behind a standard trans had bushing supported output gears. every split case sold behind an auto had bearing supported output gears. :grinpimp:
and best of all, split cases were offered well into the 2000s.......
one more bit of trivia, it would be easy enough to swap the main shaft in a 62 case and run the 4:1 38mm gear set. :wrench:

as for me instigating this, i can't really take all that much credit. i have been persistant in my efforts to make sure this happened eventually, but i think mike, the owner of aa had been contemplating it since before the orions. once again, there are a few players involved in this deal just like the orion. the gears themselves are actually made by the same company. :cool:

hth

georg @ valley hybrids

ps: my gear set ( the prototyps set ) just showed up at my house about 30 minutes ago. a buddy of mine drove down to AA and picked them up for me. thanks again nick!!!! i'll post some pics tomorrow when i have a chance to get caught up a little.:bounce:

georg

This is awesome.

are you coming to the swap meet next weekend? i plan on having all the machine work done on my case by then and will have the case halves and gears with me to show off a little. :grinpimp:

georg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom