4.0L V8 (1UZ-FE) Land Cruiser UZJ79 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, Mark 4wd in AU somewhere. They are the AA distributor in your end of the world.

Since you already have the gear driven t-case you should be golden. Now you just need the lower gearset and you are in business.

I don't know if it is true but I've heard the 4.7 sets are more reliable? Something to ask about anyways.

:cheers:

Tapage said:
I thought both Split Cases, on 80 series and 105 series mated to H151 and R151 trannys are the same aka HF2AV with 2.48:1 Low .. no full time style.

I thought the cluster contruction in a full time t-case is more complicated to reduce with aftermarket gears ..

Both the 80 and the 100/105 get the HF series transfer cases. There is both part time and full time (viscous and non viscous coupled) versions. The HF2AV is a full time case.

Dave

lloyd_lluvbullet said:
Marlins make good products but i think they aren't too customer-friendly at least thru the forums. I've asked about my R151F extensively & tried to be as specific as I could but somehow they keep maintaining that they only deal with US-spec vehicles.

This is true but you gotta have some knowledge of 'mixing n matching' as Toyota parts are purty inter-changeable due to the range of models they have in other non-USA markets.

I don't blame Marlin. If a US vendor tries to support non-US versions, he can be held responsible for fitment problems. Unless he knows for certain what Toyota sells and fits into their vehicles, he may well be giving false advice.

lloyd_lluvbullet said:
Which manual transmission will actually suit a 2UZ-FE engine (4.7L V8)?

The H151F.

Dave

Dave,

Are you saying the H151F fits the 2UZFE and the HF2AV transfer case? Bolt up and go?

I may be able to do a manual transmission swap after all:idea:

You need the 2UZ to H151 bellhousing. I don't know what spline count and input the 2UZ needs, but that the 5 speed behind the 2UZ is an H151. It may be totally different from a 1FZ/1HDT input.

And before anybody asks, no, the R151 is not the same as the H151 :)

Dave

Lloyd,

As I said above I am not sure the H151f from turbo diesel or from the 4.5L petrol fits the 4.7L. The bellhousings are different. The inputs may be different! Can I suggest calling an Aussie dealership to find out? JDM 4.7L's do not come with a 5 speed, all are autos. Aussie 4.7L's come with either.

Marlin's shop is very busy. Certainly they can lose business treating people like they did you, but they are as busy as they want to be already :(

Dave

The 105 with the 1FZ-FE can be equipped either with the A442F auto or the H151F manual. The 100 with the 2UZ-FE comes equipped with the A442F auto only (or the later 5spd auto, don't know the pn).

Maybe the 2UZ-FE can somehow be mated to the H151F manual?

I don't know?

The UZJ100 is available with a 5 speed in Aus.

The land down under gets a lot of goodies from Toyota way before the rest of the world. The H55f started in 1983, the rear disc brakes in the 75 series in 1992, the HDJ78/79 in 2002, etc.

But then, hey, the US got the mighty 3FE in 1988 before they did in 1990 :D

Dave

beanz2 said:
The UZJ100 is available with a 5 speed in Aus.

The land down under gets a lot of goodies from Toyota way before the rest of the world. The H55f started in 1983, the rear disc brakes in the 75 series in 1992, the HDJ78/79 in 2002, etc.

But then, hey, the US got the mighty 3FE in 1988 before they did in 1990 :D

Dave

Dave,

The issue is which UZJ100 has the manual tranny?

According to my Australian repair manual, the 2UZ-FE 4.7 L V8 model does not offer the H151F manual, only the A442F auto, just like in the US.

There is no doubt the UZJ105 (SFA) offers both the H151F and the A442F tranny's with the 1FZ-FE 4.5 L I6.

I also believe the 100 series with the diesel and IFS comes with either the manual and auto tranny option.

So does anyone know for sure if there is a manual Toyota tranny that will bolt up to the 2UZ-FE V8? Pictures would be nice too:D

calamaridog said:
I also believe the 100 series with the diesel and IFS comes with either the manual and auto tranny option.

It depend's here in Panama .. you can order here a 100 series with 12V 1HD-T ( brand new engine ) it can come with manual tranny but if you buy a 100 series with 1HD-FTE I'm not totaly sure ( or not yet seen it ) it can come with manual tranny ..

lloyd_lluvbullet said:
Tapage

local mechanics here are rather secretive with their projects so never knew which manual they used..

that is the most valuable info .. ! which tranny ..

Finally I got some pics sent by a buddy:

UZJ100_H151.JPG

Looks like any other gearbox, doesn't it?

and

UZJ100_H151_1.JPG

Kinda hard to show without putting the vehicle on a lift and taking a pic from below.

BTW, calamaridog, Gregory's manual only covers the 1HZ (HZJ105) variant so you won't see all that is available down under.

Dave

Dave,

:cheers:

Nice pics!

I figured that manual would include all the configurations since it was an Aussie publication? Oh well, the easiest solution to the "is it offered" problem turns out to be the Toyota website:doh:

Who would have thought of that:eek:

Now I can dream of having a 5spd in my 100 series...

calamaridog said:
I figured that manual would include all the configurations since it was an Aussie publication?

The one published specifically says it is only for the 1HZ. They actually take apart a vehicle to write a manual, which is why theirs tend to be model specific.

Kalawang, you'll have to build your own to have solid-axled manual 4.7L 100 series. These guys have IFS :frown:

One more pic to clog your bandwidth :)

UZJ100_H151_2.JPG

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom