3rd row seats won't latch - Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know what I'm doing wrong or missing? I re-installed my seats but they won't completely stay latched/down.

The lever that you lift to unlatch and raise the seat, be sure to push it down once the seat is down. They don't always spring back into place on mine.

The lever that you lift to unlatch and raise the seat, be sure to push it down once the seat is down. They don't always spring back into place on mine.

Ok I'll check that when I leave work today. Thanks.

Well I tried and pushed down pretty hard and nothing moved or latched.

Anyone have any other ideas? I’ll take them out this weekend and see if the lever is just too ‘loose’ and needing some R&R

If you pull that mat out does it work? It may be too thick — mine gives me trouble sometimes and I have weather techs.

The seats not only flip up and down on the pivot point but also slide back to front on the rail.
When I had problems putting them back in it was because I clicked them onto the rail but didn't slide them completely into position and if not in correct position that will not latch.

I think you can take a screwdriver (like a broad flathead) and swing/pry that latch back to OPEN, it looks closed- which is why it's banging on the retainer loop. You may or may not need to pull the release while doing it, I don't remember..but I believe it'll pivot to open (where the opening in the latch is lined up with the edges- open) and then close it down again. Should work, happened to me once when my kids was fiddling around in the rear seats of my old Sequoia.

The seats not only flip up and down on the pivot point but also slide back to front on the rail.
When I had problems putting them back in it was because I clicked them onto the rail but didn't slide them completely into position and if not in correct position that will not latch.
I don;t think this is the case, it looks pretty well lined up. But, that said- I struggled with getting that closed my first few weeks owning the LC. Exactly as you described.

Check the little connecting rod that attaches the lever to the mechanism. On both 100s that we have, that rod falls out occasionally and disables the latching/unlatching function.

While yall are all talking about these jump seat latches....what’s the best/ideal lubrication for them? 3M Dry silicone or what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom