3FE in a Spanish bj73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cns

Threads
So I’m pulling the trigger on everybody’s favorite BJ 73. The blue one. It will be a good wheeler for the price. I acquired a 3FE that is sitting in front of a five speed. I only get the engine. Does anybody know if the 3FE will fit with that Italian diesel five-speed transmission

Take a picture of your data plate in the engine bay. That will tell you what transmission you have installed in that vehicle.
Post that pic, and that way people will be able to help you out.

Take a picture of your data plate in the engine bay. That will tell you what transmission you have installed in that vehicle.
Post that pic, and that way people will be able to help you out.
Good call. I’ll do that once I get the rig. Thank you

Dang, I have been eyeing that one for a few weeks. Good luck on the build! How does the frame look? The photos of the body dont look horrible. I know that engine would need to go, but I wasn't too sure about the rest of it.

Last edited:
Dang, I have been eyeing that one for a few weeks. Good luck on the build! How does the frame look? The photos of the body dont look horrible. I know that engine would need to go, but I wasn't too sure about the rest of it.
I don’t know. I have the shop, and I have the time. That equals I have something to do now

Does anybody know if the 3FE will fit with that Italian diesel five-speed transmission

They wont mate up, but you will be ok for room if thats what you meant

They wont mate up, but you will be ok for room if thats what you meant
I was hoping the transmission would work. But it doesn’t look like it will. If I throw a four-speed in their temporary Lee, I’m wondering if I have to modify where the shifter comes out on the floor. I was planning on welding in new engine mounts. I wonder where a good place to source ready-made mounts are

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom