3B Turbo / Which OEM Coolant Hose? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

loeky

SILVER Star
Threads
Looking for suggestions for if an OEM hose could replace the current red hose seen in the picture, and work with @Diesel42 's turbo kit as seen as well. The current rubs a bit.

IMG_3161.jpg

I have no idea on OEM, but what you can do is go to like NAPA or a similar store and just browse through the pre-molded heater hose and see if you can find one that would work better? Thats what I did for my heater hoses since the were no longer available OEM.

What I would do:

Source the metal heater piping that goes there when you get rid of the nipple on the head for the RR heater assy.

Then the metal pipe goes from upward Union on 16100-59107 all the way across the front of the VC then hard right toward the back of the head.

The metal pipe goes along exhaust manifold and under intake hose.

27B63CDD-6482-4040-B2A3-6C566C32B2FD.jpeg
0882C89E-ACF1-446A-8084-5875400A453E.jpeg
C18BBAF2-D414-44B8-8F9F-049075466074.jpeg
501271D7-266C-4BFA-B936-CEA2B2F124DB.jpeg

Thanks @Onur for the detail - believe I have that as matches yours. Realize my pictures weren't detailed as there's a parallel line ... better seen in these below. [Last picture matching what you proposed included as well for reference as already installed]

Maybe an edge case and best to shop for matching bent hose - figured brain trust may have experience beforehand!

IMG_3164.jpg

IMG_3163.jpg

IMG_3162.jpg

If it keeps rubbing the way it does ... that will be a prognostication in slow motion!

Get rid of your rear heater system and that red hose becomes unnecessary.
Sorry for hijacking this thread. I own a BJ75, and I am considering deleting the rear heater. Is it worth it. My main goal, would be to reduce water connections/ Its a stock 3B, no turbo.
Is there a detailed thread about the delete?
Cheers!

Glad you asked. Since I wrote last, I did in fact go with 'deleting' the rear heater to remove a rarely used element from the system.

Kept the plumbing and heater itself in the cab, but 'tied up' the inlet and outlet and the firewall with a small length of hose. There are some posts that go into more detail about ripping out the heater at the center console and replacing with a Tuffy console.

Glad you asked. Since I wrote last, I did in fact go with 'deleting' the rear heater to remove a rarely used element from the system.

Kept the plumbing and heater itself in the cab, but 'tied up' the inlet and outlet and the firewall with a small length of hose. There are some posts that go into more detail about ripping out the heater at the center console and replacing with a Tuffy console.
ThankS!

is it possible to remove the unit that is in the RHS panel and all of its piping, not replacing the unit in the center console?

Or you could reroute the coolant pipe over and around the intake manifold thereby not having to worry about the exhaust manifold heat and rubbing
Thats what I did as i like the rear heat unit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom