3B timber framed box stand (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

Am hoping that someone here has done previously, or is able to take measurements from a 3B.

I want to put my 3B up on a bench (or underneath) so that it is stable and out of the way, I'd like to frame up some timber to achieve this box stand.

Can anyone post up some photos/measurements so that I can give it a go?

I'll be clearing a path to the corner of the shed where the engine is in the next week. If no-ones replied, I'll post up my first attempt.

Dan

Do you want inches or cm? So you want overall outside dimensions as well as how high the motor mounts would have to be supported in order for the motor not to be resting on the oil pan? I can measure today. but it'll be in inches. I guess you can convert.

I just got some scrap timber and built it in situ with the engine supported by an engine crane. If it didnt fit somewhere I just took to it with a wood chisel.
Its a 1HZ and its mostly sitting on the sump bolts.
Once I got the width sorted out , i just kept adding bits until it was stable.
It was a good height and allowed me to sit on a milk crate while I worked.

robs pics 025.jpg

robs pics 001 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:
Do you want inches or cm? So you want overall outside dimensions as well as how high the motor mounts would have to be supported in order for the motor not to be resting on the oil pan? I can measure today. but it'll be in inches. I guess you can convert.

Thanks elkhorn,

My tape has both units so no problems.

Dan

It was a good height and allowed me to sit on a milk crate while I worked.

Thanks Rosco,

That's the idea that I'm chasing. Somewhere to store it, help keep stable during tear down, and easier to work on.

Dan

Well you better dig it out because I determined that I couldn't figurewhere the motor mounts were in relation to the engine dimensions, too much stuff in the way. Overall the 3b is about 34" long including fan excluding bell housing, 34" top to bottom, and 26" side to side but I doubt that's much help. Sorry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom