37s on a 70? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I can clear narrow 35’s on my 77 with ome lift so long as I flip the front springs and extend the bump stops.

FYI, I remember in a previous thread about fitting 35"s that flipping OME springs may not be a hot idea as they are not military wrapped on both ends and someone was having issues with it. I drilled my perches at 30mm but haven't got it all back together yet so I can't comment from experience.

Thanks for the info.. might drill mine to start .

Thanks for the info.. might drill mine to start .
The 3B will not like those 35's to much without regearing though , I have run several 35" on 73's with the Old Man Emu lift kits , front leaf springs need to be the heavy duty and in new or pristine condition because once they sag they are still gonna rub, I have reversed the front leafs on all of these.

OIUT3742.JPG

Thanks Joe for the info and pic (such a clean looking well proportioned 73!)Just reversing the front spring and no drilling is easiest to start. I want to center my front wheel and run my 35’s sometimes. Mostly stick to the 33’s

FYI, I remember in a previous thread about fitting 35"s that flipping OME springs may not be a hot idea as they are not military wrapped on both ends and someone was having issues with it. I drilled my perches at 30mm but haven't got it all back together yet so I can't comment from experience.
This is true. I wouldn’t just flip the pack and put the military wrap on the front. That cost me a couple of spring packs ...Disassemble the pack, drill a new hole in the second leaf and flip the rest of the pack. Also, if you are doing a springover you could just move the center pin hole in your perch back..

That pic above is install of new main leaf in the front springs, it settled quite a bit quickly. This picture is when I first did the soa swap and is on the stock tired old leafs.

Next pic is how it sits today, has definitely come down a bit which was good. Only on 35" tyres here too.

IMG_20171201_165318_333.jpg

IMG_20200711_200242_704.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom