360* spray adapter for rattle cans (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BlueCruiser84

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi guys,

Im doing Some bodywork on a 4Runner. This is a semi beater trail truck/DD and I am NOT (I can’t stress that enough) a body man. I’ve welded in a bunch of patch panels on the rockers and rear fenders along with some fender trimming.

I didn’t use weld thru primer because I didn’t know it existed, so now I’m trying to figure out how to protect the inside of the rocker panels from rust. I could have sworn I saw mention of a 360* spray tip on a hose that you could stcik in a small hole and coat the backsides of tough to reach areas, but I’m having a hard time finding anything online.

I’m open to other suggestions as well.
430084F4-E14D-4C5C-BD39-5E3D9E3BF643.jpeg

Well I wasn’t using the right search terms.
This is what I’m talking about in case anyone has the question in the future. Anyone know if that will
Work with a rattle can spray paint? Don’t see why not.

Ok, sounds like the one above only works well for Eastwood products. I’m going to try to make my own unless someone has a better idea.

I went round and round on this subject many times on my fathers 40 build.

He ended up using the Eastwood kit for coating his frame rails. It works ok, the paint is very runny and will flow easily, that helps. Also the spray tips are not super scientific or “360*” in my opinion. It’s a brass tip that fits in a plastic tube, tip has 6 (I think) holes in equal directions that spray the best they can, BUT, if you put that device down a 6x6 square tube for instance and spray while dragging out, you’ll get 6 streaks of paint that will run down and do a good job of flowing to the bottom due to gravity, but it will take multiple sprays to fully coat the interior.....and if your inspecting with a mirror and flashlight afterwards you’ll likely find spots you missed. It just work OK, not great. He got through his 40 project after two cans of this paint for his frame rails (that we enclosed).

I propose creating a better version of the same thing by using a better brass tip, with 2/3x as many ports, vs 6 on the Eastwood. Although that’s a theory and I’m not sure of hand tools could produce such a device.

Wurth makes a spray gun for cavity wax that is awesome for this, but it’s professional and not easy to get ahold of, also $500+.

Hope this is helpful information.

Also, the Eastwood kit comes with a flexible hose and tip for the rattle can, adding a coat hanger to give yourself better handling is key to laying the paint down effectively.

I went round and round on this subject many times on my fathers 40 build.

He ended up using the Eastwood kit for coating his frame rails. It works ok, the paint is very runny and will flow easily, that helps. Also the spray tips are not super scientific or “360*” in my opinion. It’s a brass tip that fits in a plastic tube, tip has 6 (I think) holes in equal directions that spray the best they can, BUT, if you put that device down a 6x6 square tube for instance and spray while dragging out, you’ll get 6 streaks of paint that will run down and do a good job of flowing to the bottom due to gravity, but it will take multiple sprays to fully coat the interior.....and if your inspecting with a mirror and flashlight afterwards you’ll likely find spots you missed. It just work OK, not great. He got through his 40 project after two cans of this paint for his frame rails (that we enclosed).

I propose creating a better version of the same thing by using a better brass tip, with 2/3x as many ports, vs 6 on the Eastwood. Although that’s a theory and I’m not sure of hand tools could produce such a device.

Wurth makes a spray gun for cavity wax that is awesome for this, but it’s professional and not easy to get ahold of, also $500+.

Hope this is helpful information.

Also, the Eastwood kit comes with a flexible hose and tip for the rattle can, adding a coat hanger to give yourself better handling is key to laying the paint down effectively.

thank you! Great info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom