350 wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK guys, I dont want to piss anyone off but, I need help with the wiring. Thanks woody for your input but , I need the whole setup. I know I am not the only person running a 350 in a early 70 fj40 So, will someone please go look under the hood and tell me how this damned thing hooks up before I blow it up!! I have the (+) cable hooked to starter, Neg to ground and the 10 ga yellow wire to starter so what else. there are wires for the alt, temp and oil sending unit which arent crucial for it to run. I'd just like to get the damned thing to show some sign of life. Thanks and sorry for bitchin'

make sure your ground strap from the engine to frame is in place and clean connection..

Is it turning over but not starting? more info needed

You really need a test light or volt meter.

The water temp sender should be on a yellow green wire
The oil pressure should be on a yellow Black wire
The starter motor soliniod should be triggered by a black/white wire
the alternator field wires are white green and white black and the stator wire is white blue. This assumes you have a Toyota alternator which you probably don't.
The stock coil wire is black/yellow, but you need an un-ballasted 12V ingition feed if you are running an HEI.
All of this assumes it hasn't been changed, which we know it has to some extent because it now has a csb in it.

I custom wired my whole 350 from scratch. fuse block and all

i bought a 1 wire alt. and a tilt steering colum w/ ignition from a chevy

i will post a schmatic of it if you need.

Grayghost
Please post for the rest of us!
What tilt colum did you use?

nocents

I think the steering colum was from a 75 el camino, it has the ignition on the colum (acc, run start)

i'll try to get my schmatics posted but it might take a while, they are on paper and i don't have a scanner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom