350 ~ lower radiator hose (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woody

Staff member
Admin
Threads
I took Texican's numbers and hit the autoparts house at lunch today....the upper number works perfect, just trimmed a bit off the length at the block-side.

Problem is the lower side...IF my motor was mounted higher in the compartment OR if I was running an electric fan, it would work perfect. However, with a 7-blade towing clutch fan and a lower-than-normal engine position, the fan will make short work of the hose.

So, I'm looking for a number for a hose that looks similar to what's below...I know they exist, cause I used to run one about 10 years ago before going to a "universal" type....anyone got a number to try, or am I left climbing around the parts store??

TIA gang...will check back on Sun and see what comes up!

Looks like a sigmoid colon to me. Bet you could find a donor around here.... :D

damn...where's that :blowchow: icon when you need it....lol

Oh yeah...blue is the fan, black the radiator, red the desired hose design....less the "large intestine" look, of course...lol

I had the same problem, except I figured my fan was too far forward for even a very sharply bent hose to clear. I ended up making a jig and trimming the fan blades. Not recommended because it was tedious to get them all "exact". I'll regret it if I overheat this summer (runs cool so far) or if I wobble the water pump bearing out because my "exact" wasn't "exact" enough.

The way I found my hoses was to look at pages and pages of pictures at the auto parts store (Champion Auto in Missoula isn't too bad at some things.) Better than climbing the walls anyway. :-/

My son had his colon removed 2 years ago. He would have died otherwise. They had to replumb him with something called a J-pouch. That picture of yours looks just like it! :eek:

How close is the fan to the radiator? I made my bottom hose out of copper fittings and straight pipe. One small straight hose at the bottom and one at the top. Been good for over 20 rears

Napa #7470
rad.jpg

rad1.jpg

;)

Looks like Planet has the number, if that doesn't work try Napa 7773.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom