33" tire deflation to lower LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TexFJ

SILVER Star
Threads
Has anyone deflated their 33" tires to get their Land Cruiser in a 7' garage? I think I need to get 1-2" lower. Don't know yet

what is a safe PSI level not to break the tires free. I have KOs so they may be a little older.

thanks!

Don't know yet
what is a safe PSI level not to break the tires free. I have KOs ...

Depends I suppose on exactly what tire, size, and rim width - but I have wheeled mine with 6-8 psi and not broken the bead. 33x10.5x15 BFG KM2 on stock steel wheels, which are 5.5" wide as I recall.

Depends I suppose on exactly what tire, size, and rim width - but I have wheeled mine with 6-8 psi and not broken the bead. 33x10.5x15 BFG KM2 on stock steel wheels, which are 5.5" wide as I recall.
I have same size. sounds like I'll be giving it a try.

or go the other way n put a lift kit on your garage
yeah i'll 2nd the single digit tire pressure as i routinely wheel with 7-8 psi n no broken beads. not bead locked either

I have this same issue. The rig JUST fits on 32s, but no way on 33s. Since I just ordered 33s, I'll be removing most of the moulding from the header - maybe leaving several inchs on each end uncut (10' wide door) - so I'll have kind of a notch for the rig to fit under.. I have a small plastic moulding with the door gasket, then a thicker plastic moulding before it gets to the actual wood header. I'm hoping that gets me the clearance I need, and I'll just dress up the exposed wood header a bit. I'll be doing this soon, and can post pics here if you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom