30x9.5 vs 31x10.5 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm pulling the trigger on new tires tomorrow and I can't decide between 30x9.5 and 31x10.5. I'll probably go with the Cooper stt maxx because I had them on my FJ cruiser and they were AMAZING, but I'm also contemplating the KO2s, especially if I jump up to 31s. I'm running stock gears and won't be changing for a while as I have other plans currently in the works... rear bumper, may some sliders.... are 30x9.5 really lame looking on a 2" lift? I love a skinny look, but I have seen some awesome rigs with the 31s.... I'm mostly worried about the gearing as this is my daily also. 22RE 5 speed.... at least it's not automatic.

What say you!

Mahalo!

My vote would be the 31s. I put 33/10.50/15 KO2s on my '84 with the 22R and 5-speed. I was fully expecting to just tolerate it 'til I regeared, but I don't mind the set up a bit. Granted, my truck is LIGHT right now. Once the bed is complete, some gear in the truck, a passenger... I could see the gearing being more of an issue. But not enough to drop down to 32s... or 31s... ;)

I have an 87 22RE its still stock. I am running 31x10.5x15 yokahama's, I have not noticed any loss. I would not go any bigger on a stock rig.
I have an OME setup, bumper, and winch in my garage I need to install. I might go up a size if the 31's look to small , hoping regear will not be needed.

Yea. I went with the cooper Stt MAXX 31s. Absolutely love them. I had the MAXX on 2 other vehicles so not a new tire to me. Love them on the blue fox!

B7142EF8-119F-4423-A48F-32D996080E9C.jpeg

Man... they are quiet. I was blown away. I had them balanced at a known good tire shop and they road-forced them. Such a nice tire. I had skinnies on my FJ. Loved them. Cut through everything.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom