300 series rumors??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

From Instagram
Supposed body of the lc300
Looks more squared off and alot like some of those Japanese renders.

Screenshot_20210227-050831_Instagram.jpg

Does anyone have a view on what drivetrain options might come to Europe and specifically the UK? Will those twin turbo petrol engines have anything like the longevity and and reliability of the turbo diesel? My HDJ100 4.2L pulls like a train and never complains after 230k km.....my FJ80 is great but gearing and consumption make it really thirsty. But diesel in Europe has a new “dirty” connotation and even in UK they tax you much higher on diesel than petrol.

I don't think the UK is getting the 300.
As far as I'm aware they stopped selling the 200 in the UK after 2015.

And I suppose they were selling diesel only?
Here in The Netherlands they sold the 4.5 diesel and the 4.6 Gasoline V8. Like Moridingbg said, 2015 was the last year the sold the 200 series in EU and a few non EU countries (like Norway, Switzerland etc). Toyota still sells the 200 series in Russia or other eurasian countries.

Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 19.15.16.png

#KeepTheCruiser

Argument for bringing the 300 to the states

One of the largest car corporations in the world has problems bringing in a low-volume SUV THAT DEFINED THEIR BRAND while it sells half a dozen Lexus models nobody bothers to buy anyway and no one gives a damn about their BMW Supra.

They should really stop wringing their hands and complaining about how it’s not worth it.

Well the Sequoia production line is nearly shutdown in Princeton, Indiana. Sales started tanking in 2020 and there are few selling in 2021. It is very apparent that the fuel economy coupled with an over 15 year design is ready for the dust bin. Ford and GM really own the"off road glitz luxury" market with the Cadillac version of the Suburban reaching the $120,000 class for a parts vehicle in five years.

The Tundra supposedly will get a turbocharged V6 as well as a hybrid model for 2022 model year. The Sequoia successor, if there is one, would not get the new power train update until 2023. The issue is how hard that turbo has to work for routine driving as the hotter it runs the hotter the entire engine operates which is detrimental to longevity.

EEC57529-74A3-4DBB-9571-39C359BB24CA.jpeg

December 2020 figures show that Toyota has a lot of s*** selling cars they have no plans on cutting. And the LC outsold a bunch of them.

D60251D6-838F-472E-8D24-302443D52EEA.png

If you factor in that the LX is essentially the same , it is not even close to being their worst selling vehicle at any given time.

The entire logic of how they are “not selling enough of them” is the same BS they said when they removed the FJ cruiser, even though it was easily outselling most of the vehicles in there failed Scion brand at the time.

Toyota’s decisions when it comes to body on frame vehicles have always been feckless and shortsighted, best evident on how they are always about to cancel the 4Runner, even though it continues to post ridiculous sales numbers for being an “ancient design.”

I think genuinely the decision to pull the Land Cruiser from American shores, even if it’s a real, actual sales decision and not speculation, is total BS and has not been backed up by any actual sales numbers because Toyota continues to sell all sorts of trash cars, like the 86, despite ridiculously awful sales figures.

And that’s not even beginning to scratch the surface, like when the Toyota chairman decided to build himself an ugly slow supercar just because he wanted one.

There is a serious disconnect between what Toyota customers want and what the company is offering us. Especially in the US.

And that has been pretty much the story since as long as I can remember.

Ford and jeep both are offering ridiculous hard-core off-road vehicles at a time when Toyota says that body on frame and 4x4 is becoming unprofitable, or something.

Did you get anything off MSRP?

I would not he surprised if they are not discounting these days
Zero discounts in the bay area.

I went looking for a new window motor for my 2008 and there was a heritage edition with a $10,000 ADM on it.

If you factor in that the LX is essentially the same , it is not even close to being their worst selling vehicle at any given time.

The entire logic of how they are “not selling enough of them” is the same BS they said when they removed the FJ cruiser, even though it was easily outselling most of the vehicles in there failed Scion brand at the time.

Toyota’s decisions when it comes to body on frame vehicles have always been feckless and shortsighted, best evident on how they are always about to cancel the 4Runner, even though it continues to post ridiculous sales numbers for being an “ancient design.”

I think genuinely the decision to pull the Land Cruiser from American shores, even if it’s a real, actual sales decision and not speculation, is total BS and has not been backed up by any actual sales numbers because Toyota continues to sell all sorts of trash cars, like the 86, despite ridiculously awful sales figures.

I think they'd have to keep the 4R around in a BOF solid rear axle configuration. If they got rid of the 4R or neutered it like making it unibody and IFS/IRS they'd lose so many customers and so much credibility. With them cancelling the Land Cruiser in the US they literally can't afford to drop the ball on the 4Runner. Dropping both of them from the lineup would be a disaster IMO.

I think they'd have to keep the 4R around in a BOF solid rear axle configuration. If they got rid of the 4R or neutered it like making it unibody and IFS/IRS they'd lose so many customers and so much credibility. With them cancelling the Land Cruiser in the US they literally can't afford to drop the ball on the 4Runner. Dropping both of them from the lineup would be a disaster IMO.
Before this entire virus catastrophe I visited some family in Japan and I got to drive the third generation Prado and it is an amazing vehicle inside and out and I would love for it to be a replacement for the 4Runner and Land Cruiser in the US, but I don’t see that happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom