2x 200 series Transmission Issue?! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is it possible that you got counterfeit fluid? From outside packed looks like original green Toyota WS bud inside cheap dextron II or III. I was in 4 services and everywhere there was a fake WS, This can be determined by the external difference of the canister because Chinese engineers have not learned how to fake the original Nagao Seican can.

If you have empty Toyota Ws canister, let we see

Welp… I had the transmission rebuilt and the issue is still there. Truck keeps missing / hesitating / jerking after it’s been on the road for a while over 60mph…. I replaced the crank shaft sensor as well and it’s still doing it…. I’m about to put the old Se Vende sign in the window

Welp… I had the transmission rebuilt and the issue is still there. Truck keeps missing / hesitating / jerking after it’s been on the road for a while over 60mph…. I replaced the crank shaft sensor as well and it’s still doing it…. I’m about to put the old Se Vende sign in the window
Is there anything else, something electrical possibly that could be causing this… Diving along just fine and then all the sudden starts loosing acceleration… almost like it’s not getting gas or missing… no noise associated with it or clunking or anything… but will draw down the power / acceleration to where it will only go like 40mph at times then all the sudden is fine again…. I’ve never had it happen unless I’m going over 60… and it’s never happened on short drives < 45 minutes… always on the highway at speed after driving for a while.

Hello,

This is my first post and coming out of straight disbelief. I own (2) 200 series. A 2008 (145,000mi) and a 2010 (95,000mi). About a year ago at 135,000mi the 2008 started shuddering/jerking at speed on the highway, it would go away and come back. Finally the check engine light came on and a dealer said it was the transmission. We took it to a second dealer and they told us the same thing, and that the transmission had to be replaced. I took it to a transmission guy and he told me the same thing so I had it replaced. Now a year later the 2010 is starting to do the very same thing. Shuddering and Jerking on highway over 65mph, but then I’ll slow down and it will go away again. No check engine light on yet but I’m about to take it in to get looked at and I fear it’s going to have to same diagnosis….

Has anyone ever had this issue? It seems very strange to have happened 2x with 2 different 200 series with fairly different mileage….

The only similarity is that I had recently installed the same Dobinsons 2” lift kit within months before the issue started.

Appreciate any help anyone may have!
Considering your lift kit, check driveline angles and components like u-joints. Consult a mechanic experienced with lifted vehicles. Hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom