2nd Annual Mardi Krawl. April 10 - 13, 2014 at Hawk Pride Mountain (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Camping spot reserved, now lets see about some dry weather for this run ;)

will leave you in charge of that :D :eek:

Just an FYI, Mardi Krawl is a Toyota Land Cruiser Association open event held at Hawk Pride Mountain Offroad, which is a public park that is open to the public during our event. That means that anyone in any brand of 4X4 is welcome to join us! Tell your friends who do and don't drive a Toyota that they are more than welcome to register and join us for a weekend of fun. However, you may want to warn the non-Toyota owners that being around so many great rigs can be contagious. They may have the urge to sell their rig and buy a Toyota soon after Mardi Krawl.

Who do we have going to this?:steer:

1. John n Erin
2. Albert n Linda
3. Paul n Jean

Any suggestion on the best route for the Lafayette crew headed up there?

We are thinking about leaving Wed night or Thur am all depends our mood.

leaving wed morning jackson MS then the Natchez trace to hwy 72

I looked at Google earth and viewed the area per the web site I did not see the entrance to the park off of hawk Pride mountain road. Sure would like to know where the entrance is instead of trying to turn around in the counrty.Anyone have a link to where to make the turn into the park?

I just spoke to Albert. For everyone else, if you follow google maps or GPS to the address listed on the HP website, it will take you to a spot on HP Mountain Road where there is a road not on the map and a billboard that says to HP ORV Park turn here (or something to that extent). The road goes between 2 open fields. You cannot see the park from HP Mountain Road. Drive down that road and you will see the park. It's the only thing on that road.

Thanks Mike, good info to have.

I looked at Google earth and viewed the area per the web site I did not see the entrance to the park off of hawk Pride mountain road. Sure would like to know where the entrance is instead of trying to turn around in the counrty.Anyone have a link to where to make the turn into the park?
LOL last year we did the turn around twice in the dark & rain ! twas not fun the roads are just wide enough for two vehicles & I don`t mean trailers.

Yea I know what ya'll mean, I've done the same thing recently at night and in the rain and will do my best not to put myself in that situtation again.

Got back late last night form the event. I really think this is the 1st wheeling event in a long time that did not include getting rained on at the park or on the trails (very welcomed change) .
No pictures up loaded yet , but the park is absolutely work another look at.

The LLK crew did a great job with the event !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom