2LTE TPS | LJ78 Calibration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have noticed a change in my idling speed and it fluctuates up and down between 900 and 1500 rpm depending on engine temperature and run time.

If I am not mistaken, I believe the culprit may be the TPS. I had to remove the housing twice when I did the glow plugs and injectors, including cleaning the housing.

Does anyone know the correct calibration settings for the TPS on a 2LTE | LJ78?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

I have noticed a change in my idling speed and it fluctuates up and down between 900 and 1500 rpm depending on engine temperature and run time.

If I am not mistaken, I believe the culprit may be the TPS. I had to remove the housing twice when I did the glow plugs and injectors, including cleaning the housing.

Does anyone know the correct calibration settings for the TPS on a 2LTE | LJ78?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Mine changes depending on coolant temps and air temps too. A/C on/off impacts it too of course. It often idles higher in winter until I've driven it for a while. I've turned up my fuel a bit which makes it slightly worse.

If you left the TPS sensor screwed to the venturi, it should be fine. If you detached it at some point, yes it will be messed up for sure.

I have adjusted them for other vehicles, and I bet this sensor would be the same as other Toyota ones of the same vintage. They are very finnicky to get right though, let me warn you.

I just checked, and the LJ78 TPS is the same part number as on these vehicles. So just find a Toyota FSM for anyone of these, and use the procedure for your TPS. You need a good feeler gauge and multi-meter.

TPS.jpg

Mine changes depending on coolant temps and air temps too. A/C on/off impacts it too of course. It often idles higher in winter until I've driven it for a while. I've turned up my fuel a bit which makes it slightly worse.

If you left the TPS sensor screwed to the venturi, it should be fine. If you detached it at some point, yes it will be messed up for sure.

I have adjusted them for other vehicles, and I bet this sensor would be the same as other Toyota ones of the same vintage. They are very finnicky to get right though, let me warn you.

I just checked, and the LJ78 TPS is the same part number as on these vehicles. So just find a Toyota FSM for anyone of these, and use the procedure for your TPS. You need a good feeler gauge and multi-meter.

View attachment 3119704
Nice. Thank you @GTSSportCoupe.

I came across this article -

Will test it out over the weekend :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom