2H Priming Pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jfc

Threads
Do the priming pumps on the 2H injection pump screw down like on the 3B? Or do they remain open? I opened mine and no matter what I try I can't seem to close it. I don't know if I actually unscrewed it or if it was already open. Can running with it open cause any damage or problems?

We have had a few problems with the engine stalling a few seconds after it has been started. could this be air in the system? Or could it also be a clogged fuel filter?

Thank you for all of your help

Jim & Lindsay :cheers:

The primer pump should push down to close the stroke then screw up to remain in this position.Would recommend changing the pump app $40.00 and filter $12.99 [valvoline VF5]. Also check water separator if fitted, for manual 2H engine idle should be 650rpm a/t should be 750 rpm.If the filter is blocked the engine should surge at higher speed and at approximately 3000rpm should be blowing some white smoke.Fair few other things can cause these symptoms in a 2H. cheers and enjoy the trip.

Jim ,4WD Parts in Perth have the primer for $41.95 and will post to you cheaply and anything else you need.
Broome is the most expensive town in WA:mad:
https://www.4wdparts.com.au/index.html.

Ask for Dave or Ian and tell them Ross Martin reccomended them if you need one.;)

primers down the road at fwdmotors.com.au are $20, got one last weekend.

They can be a real bitch to close if they are in good condition, with the engine running you may be able to do it slowly, or open the bleeder valve, then close it and do the valve back up.

the engine stalling could also be the edic turning off the fuel, does it if the oil pressure does not come up fast enough, to tell, watch the edic arm when it does it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom