2f weak engine compression... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, I need some help. I've got an 83 fj60 with zero compression on number 3 and 4 cylinders. Any suggestions? The engine has 241k on it. Compression on 1 is 120, 2 is 95, 3 is 0, 4 is 0, five is 110 and 6 is 105. It's just running really weak, its hard to get to 55 to cruise down the highway. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Welcome to MUD!

Blown head gasket between #3 & #4 is my guess.

Welcome

X2 That is a great guess.

Check your oil for coolant. You can do a leak down test next and found out where the cylinder is leaking.

Last edited:
checking the gasket x3. with zero on both cylinders you could have other issues, piston rings worn severely, have valves not sealing ie bad valve spring, excessive carbon buildup, etc. i say this because even with a head gasket gone you should still have some residual compression. just my .02

spend the money for the Toyota OEM Headgasket...unless you want to do it twice.

Hello, I need some help. I've got an 83 fj60 with zero compression on number 3 and 4 cylinders. Any suggestions? The engine has 241k on it. Compression on 1 is 120, 2 is 95, 3 is 0, 4 is 0, five is 110 and 6 is 105. It's just running really weak, its hard to get to 55 to cruise down the highway. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

With numbers like that it's definitely time for a rebuild. If you live in an area where you don't have to smog there are some simple things you can do during the rebuild that will bring a lot of life out of a 2F.

But his main problem is just a blown head gasket.

With 105psi to 120psi he is far from a rebuild.

With numbers like that it's definitely time for a rebuild. If you live in an area where you don't have to smog there are some simple things you can do during the rebuild that will bring a lot of life out of a 2F.

But his main problem is just a blown head gasket.

With 105psi to 120psi he is far from a rebuild.

I'm sure it's really conservative, but the fsm states 114 psi is the lower limit and 14 psi is the allowed variance between cylinders. Other then the 0 cylinders he had a range of 95 to 120.

I guess to I'm just a little biased towards strong running 2F's. :D The difference is night and day.

Thanks for everyones help. Going to replace the head gasket or run it till it blows. Then just ditch the engine and put a sbc or diesel in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom