2F Valve spring SST (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Do I need to buy one of these to pull my valves, or is it possible to make one? The regular valve spring compressors dont work, or am I missing something?

Anyone?

I guess everyone farms their heads out? ???

I did the head on my 2F about 7 years ago and don't remember it using anything special. when you said the standard one wouldn't work where you refering to the class 1 lever set-up GM V8s or did you try the one that looks like a big C-clamp? I thought I sed the C-clamp type. Of course you can always use the hammer an socket method to remove them. In case you do not know this method it works like this. Put socket on spring retainer and hit with hammer, the spring retainer will compress the spring and the retainers pop out. It helps to set the head on a wadded rag to keep the valve from depressing. Of couses it does not work in the reverse order to put the valves back in.

Thanks guys. I got the wrong puller then. I brought home the one that looks like a 2 jaw puller. I thought something was odd when I picked it up, but just figured I was being stupid.

Turns out I was. :whoops:

Back to the parts store for me today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom