2F coolant in oil (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi

Starting to tear my hair out with 2f motor leaking coolant into sump.
Milky oil prompted pulling the head expecting blown HG, gasket was fine so assumed head cracked. Crack Test then pressure tested, all checked out but had head rebuilt anyway while it's off. Check the bores and everything clean as a whistle. Block was flat so cleaned it up, new HG, recon head and oil still gets milky within 20 mins of running. Wonder if stuffed up the head so compression test and all cylinders 140, within 1-2 PSI. Start hunting and see a little weep of coolant from hose from water pump down to block, also oil leak from timing cover gasket. Seems unlikely, but I assumed it must be the external leak working it's way back in. New hoses and gaskets, now coolant in oil is worse than ever. Pressure test cooling system and it holds within 1-2 PSI for 3 days cold. Scoped the cylinders, no coolant leaking in.

Any suggestions from anyone who knows these motors? Is it possible there's a leak from a welch plug under end plate or something? Really don't want to pull the motor as its in a forklift and not an easy job, so removing camshaft seems a big job if end plate is unlikely source. Next step I suppose is pull the oil pan and look for any dribbles...

Any help much appreciated

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom