For Sale 2F and 4 Speed Transmission from an FJ 40 - NO SMOG (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

YoYoHo

BJZ43 for Me !
SILVER Star
Threads
I bought an 1980 FJ 40 a while back that was imported and has a 2F and 4 speed transmission . It drove fine, ran well , blew no smoke had good power etc. The PO put in new rings and pistons, water pump and gaskets.

I am planning on an engine upgrade so went to list it for sale and when I did a compression test on it I got the following numbers :

Tested the compression and it was :
1 - 135
2 - 75
3 - 140
4 - 140
5 - 140
6 - 140

Based on that I tossed and turned on if to sell it as I was not happy with the 75 . I then took it for a final drive and just before I pulled it she had come up to 125 on number 2 so it may have just been a stuck valve etc as it hadn't been driven much.

Anyway having no interest in playing around with it I then pulled the body and rolled her out.

Originally I wasn't going to sell the transmission but I have no real use for it so I figure since I have driven it and it all worked well etc might make it easier for someone looking for a combo.

I am going to keep the T-Case But if someone has one they want to swap to leave this together that is fine. I am just after a spare .

Engine is complete and running, in fact it is still in the chassis for a few days so any body interested in buying can easily fire it up to see what they want and do any tests they feel like.

Come with:
Manifolds
Carbi
Flywheel
Clutch
Starter motor
Mounts
4 Speed Transmission

Does not Come with
T-Case
Air Cleaner

I think that is about it, being SOLD AS IS WHERE IS, nothing to hide but it is a 40 year old engine package and I have driven it maybe a mile so it is not like it has been my DD for years and I know it intimately.

I have a fork lift and can load in into whatever

$1000 ONO

Also open to trades on any late 40 / 43 / 46 stuff

Here is a Cold Start Video no choke

Pics

20190825_160907.jpg

20190825_160853.jpg

20190825_160835.jpg

20190825_160907.jpg

More

20190825_162735.jpg

20190825_162730.jpg

20190825_162722.jpg

Located in San Diego County near Escondido

20190825_162714.jpg

Wasn’t this listed already ? I see it was, you and Mark were working on a deal.

Yes it was listed and yes mark showed interest then that was the last I heard from him. Now it is out I decided i really did have no use for it and since my 3B stuff is arriving this week.

If @65swb45 is still interested I am happy to give him first option.

I am after good barn doors, front doors, 5 speed stuff, 3B stuff. 60 series full floater, 80 series full floater .

Yes it was listed and yes mark showed interest then that was the last I heard from him. Now it is out I decided i really did have no use for it and since my 3B stuff is arriving this week.

If @65swb45 is still interested I am happy to give him first option.

I am after good barn doors, front doors, 5 speed stuff, 3B stuff. 60 series full floater, 80 series full floater .

Yes I am still interested. Obviously from a financial standpoint I would prefer the price you had for the engine before. And as @kevos37 or anyone who has been to my shop can tell you, I’m certainly not on the hunt for any more transmissions at the moment.

Will be in Fullerton on Tuesday.

You can have it for what it was before and as I said I would prefer trade for stuff I am after as opposed to cash. There is no wife tax on parts lol

I love bartering as much as the next guy, and often for the same reasons. Unfortunately I don’t really have anything on your list. I think I did find a single ambulance door, besides the set I posted in your previous thread. I never heard from you if you were interested in them. But that’s about it from your list.

Last edited:
Yeah the ones you posted where pretty rough and like most the worse one was the one with the drop catch, the ones I have are much the same condition.

:idea: If leave me a VM or PM with your phone number, maybe we can move this along a little faster. ;)

Forgot to say transmission is a H41 not a H42 so it has the low 1st .

In that case let’s consider this sold.

Ok sold pending payment and inspection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom