2CT - Idle is manic (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello! My name is Drew, I am new here. I am from the RURAL northwest corner of NY state in the US, about 600km northwest of the NY the world knows. ANYWAY. My wife and I like cars from Japan. We have had more than i can rattle off. She kept a JZS149 Majesta C Type, and I kept a CV20 Camry Lumiere G TurboDiesel. I’ve got issues and she can jump in hers and drive for 6 days straight without an issue I am sure haha

So, there is the idle screw for when the car is warm and the AC solenoid is off. Its obvious – 10mm lock nut and an 8mm adjustment on the end. Then there is the AC solenoid arm. A 10mm lock nut as well. There is a large spring gismo coming out of the injector pump that actuates the same lever, AND there is a cold start kickup connected to the coolant that can move this lever. I have set my COLD idle to 800 when the car had sat for days, and I have set my WARM idle (the static screw) after driving 50 miles, yet STILL, this idle wanders. I may start and get a too low of an idle, other times – same cold soak same temp, start and get 800. Then walk away and come back to it at 1,000 even though the cold and AC kickup is disengaged and the throttle lever is resting on the warm idle screw that only 15 minutes ago had the motor at 800rpms but now its at 1100. I have NO idea what to assume other than some springs in the VE pump are worn. Any advice would help. 1989 CV20 2ct 114800km southern Japan

Arigato, thanks, good on ya

72047050852__F07B936D-C3D0-4065-B76F-A5765929FA55.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom