29 OCT 2022 - Lockwood Creek_Miller Jeep Trail (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
While my rig is getting her beauty treatment, I am riding shotgun with the Vice President of SoCal TLCA.
The trail is roughly 30 miles end to end. We'll do a loop starting west of I-5 near Gorman. Once we pick up the Lockwood Trail it is an easy ride to the first ridge along Lockwood Creek Trail and then we can pick up Miller Jeep Trail that traverses a couple rocky sections to Dutchman Camp and stay the night. Those who only plan a day trip can continue on down slope and re-connect with pavement at Hungry Valley. I'm at the mercy of the VP so if he camps I camp and otherwise! Regardless, the trails from Dutchman camp to Hungry Valley are suitable for Priuses!

The plan is to meet before 9 am on Saturday at Flying J - 42810 Frazier Mountain Park Rd, Lebec, CA 93243. We'll head out to the trail around 9:30. From the raise of hands at the last club meeting, I think we have five interested parties but please reply to this post if you intend to join the fun!

I hope to see you then.

Last edited:
While my rig is getting her beauty treatment, I am riding shotgun with the Vice President of SoCal TLCA.
The trail is roughly 30 miles end to end. We'll do a loop starting west of I-5 near Gorman. Once we pick up the Lockwood Trail it is an easy ride to the first ridge along Lockwood Creek Trail and then we can pick up Miller Jeep Trail that traverses a couple rocky sections to Dutchman Camp and stay the night. Those who only plan a day trip can continue on down slope and re-connect with pavement at Hungry Valley. I'm at the mercy of the VP so if he camps I camp and otherwise! Regardless, the trail from Dutchman camp to Hungry Valley are suitable for Priuses!

The plan is to meet before 9 am on Saturday at Flying J - 42810 Frazier Mountain Park Rd, Lebec, CA 93243. We'll head out to the trail around 9:30. From the raise of hands at the last club meeting, I think we have five interested parties but please reply to this post if you intend to join the fun!

I hope to see you then.
I got my idle issue fixed but, I'm not sure if I'm gonna join you guys or I have another group going elsewhere. I'll post on here if I'm gonna meet up with you guys.

The trail is roughly 30 miles end to end. We'll do a loop starting west of I-5 near Gorman. Once we pick up the Lockwood Trail it is an easy ride to the first ridge along Lockwood Creek Trail and then we can pick up Miller Jeep Trail that traverses a couple rocky sections to Dutchman Camp and stay the night. Those who only plan a day trip can continue on down slope and re-connect with pavement at Hungry Valley. I'm at the mercy of the VP so if he camps I camp and otherwise! Regardless, the trail from Dutchman camp to Hungry Valley are suitable for Priuses!

I hope to see you then.
We will need at least one other driver/rig to go along with Dat & myself (Marc). For Miller Lockwood trail.

We will need at least one other driver/rig to go along with Dat & myself (Marc). For Miller Lockwood trail.
Rob here... new member with the white/black raptor trimmed LX450. I was hoping to make this a day run since I'm up in this general area, and I haven't got all my camping stuff in order to make it an overnight. Would a day run only be possible/advisable? If so, I can be that other rig - though it would be nice to have someone to ride along since I'm still very new.

Rob here... new member with the white/black raptor trimmed LX450. I was hoping to make this a day run since I'm up in this general area, and I haven't got all my camping stuff in order to make it an overnight. Would a day run only be possible/advisable? If so, I can be that other rig - though it would be nice to have someone to ride along since I'm still very new.
We can do day run. Check back in this thread next week hopefully we’ll have more folks joining the fun.

, A-day run is what I'm thinking about .
Marc

Great. Hey - I have a question. Do you have to be a SoCal TLCA member to go on a club run? I recently had my 80 in for some work at a local off-road shop, and another customer of that shop reached out to me to ask some questions about my rig. I got to talking to him, and he has a LX450, a 1st Gen 4Runner, and a couple other offroad rigs. He expressed some interest in the club, and might want to come on the Lockwood Creek/Miller Jeep Trail run - but his LX450 is down at the moment. I think he would like to bring one of his other rigs - possible a modified Jeep. His Jeep seems quite capable, and I think he has quite a bit of offroading experience. I know the club doesn't exclude Jeeps from runs, but wasn't sure if there was some sort of policy on non-club members going on club runs due to insurance or something like that.

Great. Hey - I have a question. Do you have to be a SoCal TLCA member to go on a club run? I recently had my 80 in for some work at a local off-road shop, and another customer of that shop reached out to me to ask some questions about my rig. I got to talking to him, and he has a LX450, a 1st Gen 4Runner, and a couple other offroad rigs. He expressed some interest in the club, and might want to come on the Lockwood Creek/Miller Jeep Trail run - but his LX450 is down at the moment. I think he would like to bring one of his other rigs - possible a modified Jeep. His Jeep seems quite capable, and I think he has quite a bit of offroading experience. I know the club doesn't exclude Jeeps from runs, but wasn't sure if there was some sort of policy on non-club members going on club runs due to insurance or something like that.
Non-members are welcomed mostly. I’ve seen many “guests” invited to ride with us. We also don’t exclude any vehicle as long as it is safe, registered, and road/trail worthy. We have members with other Toyota models, makes including Jeeps. Check out our club page on vehicle requirements:
So short answer is bring your friend and his ride for a day run. Bring a ham radio if you have one. If not we’ll use other means of communications.

The trail is roughly 30 miles end to end. We'll do a loop starting west of I-5 near Gorman. Once we pick up the Lockwood Trail it is an easy ride to the first ridge along Lockwood Creek Trail and then we can pick up Miller Jeep Trail that traverses a couple rocky sections to Dutchman Camp and stay the night. Those who only plan a day trip can continue on down slope and re-connect with pavement at Hungry Valley. I'm at the mercy of the VP so if he camps I camp and otherwise! Regardless, the trails from Dutchman camp to Hungry Valley are suitable for Priuses!

I hope to see you then.
Hey Dat,
Katelin and I will be doing the trail as a day run! We will be in her 4Runner…see you at the Flying J!
Rich

Hey Dat,
Katelin and I will be doing the trail as a day run! We will be in her 4Runner…see you at the Flying J!
Rich
I'm planning to be there aprox 930ish am
Marc

These are attendees for the run:

1. Marc and shotgun Dat - FZJ-80
2. Rob - LX450
3. Rob's guest - TBD
4. Katelin and Rich - 4Runner
5. Travis and 4paws - ZJ

Let's meet around 9:30 am at Flying J - 42810 Frazier Mountain Park Rd, Lebec, CA 93243

Bring a ham radio if you got one.

Last edited:
HUGE thanks to Rich, Katelin, Marc and Dat for getting that sorry jeep off the trail so it could be trailered home! So much for my quiet sat.
image000000.jpg

Last edited:
HUGE thanks to Rich, Katelin, Marc and Dat for getting that sorry jeep off the trail so it could be trailered home! So much for my quiet sat.
I'm glad that it all worked out and we were able to get off the mountain trail with with minimal drama for Travis . Rich &Dat deserve most of the credit for helping travis with the trail repair . It was indeed quite A-day adventure for sure . Indeed there is strength in numbers when on the trail drama occurs .

Marc

Details, we need details...and pics or it didn't happen.😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom