2024 Porsche Cayenne - Why no Operator Manual ??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ToyotaTrk

SILVER Star
Threads
So the 2024 Porsche Cayennes just hit my dealer and we traded for one. Oddly, there seems to already be a " comprehensive software update " scheduled for late July / early August release. Because of this update, they gave us no "Digital" Operator Manual for anything... All we get is a slim paper book which references 360 times "Digital". So,

1) Are they really allowed to release a car with no owner guide?

2) Anyone have a clue what this update includes? Dealer says they have no idea and Tech help at PCNA didnt even know about it.

So the 2024 Porsche Cayennes just hit my dealer and we traded for one. Oddly, there seems to already be a " comprehensive software update " scheduled for late July / early August release. Because of this update, they gave us no "Digital" Operator Manual for anything... All we get is a slim paper book which references 360 times "Digital". So,

1) Are they really allowed to release a car with no owner guide?

2) Anyone have a clue what this update includes? Dealer says they have no idea and Tech help at PCNA didnt even know about it.
I ordered a 2024 Porsche Cayenne and it arrived at my dealer last week. The dealer told me that a software update is coming out in 4 weeks. I had a paper from Porsche to sign saying I could pick up the car and bring it back in 4 weeks to get the update or I could hold off on picking it up for 4 weeks until the update is done. I have no idea what the update is for, so I chose to leave the car at the dealer until the software update is done. If you get any more info about the update, can you please let me know? How do you like the car so far?

If you get any more info about the update, can you please let me know? How do you like the car so far?
Porsche N.A. did not know anything about the update along with the dealer who did not know what it involved…. So far no one is willing to tell us what it changes. Have only driven the car a few miles, so not much to report so far. Will update after some more driving. BUT, a little reluctant with not much documentation as to how to operate vehicle - as mentioned - no manual. For instance, even the cruise control stalk is configured to operate differently from previous years model. I got it on once then had a hard time the 2nd try and when I got home and looked at the videos Porsche sent me the link to - it was for models that operated differently!!

The Porsche Cayenne S I ordered arrived at the dealership early last week. I was not given the option to take it home. Have to wait for the new software update. Hope it’s soon!

I have no idea what the update is for, so I chose to leave the car at the dealer until the software update is done. If you get any more info about the update, can you please let me know? How do you like the car so far?
Talked to dealer last week - still no update on software release. Had a chance to go on a 1000 mile trip. So - comfortable, good acceleration and a/c works great ! 2023 Macan a/c is TERRIBLE! Have not had a chance to go off roading yet. All stock still. The car seems a bit loose - hard to explain - but its a big car to be really ' sporty ' . It handles well, its just big. Very comfy as noted. Did have a glitch after set up at dealer - driver one settings would not stay. Had to go back to dealer and wipe profiles and reset. But, this may have something to do with the update which is coming out. On our trip the passenger side mirror became unresponsive and would not close on locking the car. Or respond to any attempted adjusting. the passenger front door soft close feature also stopped working. Check for blockage, debris in door jamb but found none. However, they both started working again the next day! Also, the LKA on the left side of the car keeps jigging the car to the right when that feature is enabled. Seems like I can get much closer, more normal, on the right side highway lines than the left side. there is also a highway I frequent at home with a left curb median. When im in the left lane, the car keeps jerking to the right from time to time. So I turned off that option. The car also drifts to the right. Most likely allignment ?? 1st crack in windshield 90 minutes into trip! of course right in the driver view! Didnt sound like a large object and no cars around - left hand lane on Baton Rouge bridge, no cars in front of me. But , POP, chip and crack - maybe size of dime so far. DRAG!

The Porsche Cayenne S I ordered arrived at the dealership early last week. I was not given the option to take it home. Have to wait for the new software update. Hope it’s soon!
Well this past Friday wife did what srvc manager said to do next time locks and mirrors stat acting up - drive to dealer! Duplicated issues and left car for software update that was released - original apt was for today. They did partial update sat and completed today. Dealer pretty much hung the moon on that fixing all the issues. Even as late as this am when I called for update.

Well, this pm got text - software update finally finished and had no effect on the problems. Mirrors and locking / unlocking not working still a problem.

Waiting for next step…..

Ummm..........German cars are not what they used to be. Make sure you trade it in before the warranty is up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom