2024 Land Cruiser Delivery (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

brices123

GOLD Star
SILVER Star
Threads
Just heard from one of our local Toyota dealerships.
2024 First Editions are set to be built this week (first week of March 2024) and put on a cargo ship sometime next week. Port arrival in April, port processing in April and May and dealer delivery in middle to end of May.
Two things I am curious about:
1. How much over MSRP will dealers sell them for?
2. How long will it take Toyota to sell all 5,000?

So we’re looking at the same price as the “bloated luxury SUV” that failed because it was too expensive. Only difference is that this time Toyota has downgraded the vehicle and is selling us a Prado instead…?
:worms::slap:

P.s. I say that jokingly and I’m sure the LC 250 will be a fine vehicle. But I’m a little bit serious too. :grinpimp:

Just heard from one of our local Toyota dealerships.
2024 First Editions are set to be built this week (first week of March 2024) and put on a cargo ship sometime next week. Port arrival in April, port processing in April and May and dealer delivery in middle to end of May.
Two things I am curious about:
1. How much over MSRP will dealers sell them for?
2. How long will it take Toyota to sell all 5,000?
I'm on lists with a bunch of Northern California dealerships (only one with a deposit, but I'm starting to think that is worth very little to these guys). One called me this morning to let me know they've been allocated a black FE. The salesman told me his dealership was planning to offer it with a $10K ADM. In my case, I'm only interested in a white 1958 edition and have no interest in paying over MSRP, so we'll see if I get into one this year...

I am going to wait a year or two. I think the “new” will be gone by then and ADMs should be pretty well over with. If I buy one, I might even do like I did with my current Cruiser. Find one coming off of a lease with low miles and buy it. This will be my last “new” 4x4 purchase due to age and finances and I just don’t feel like putting up with a lot of Dealer BS.

Seems over MSRP on the 250 LC Prado with given high depreciation, quite a few other choices make more sense such as:
- LC200 at $60 to $70k with more capability, more seating space, lower depreciation, known reliability
- GX460 in the same Prado category and indeed with similar capability, bought second hand with resulting lower depreciation, known reliability. Put the CBI front bumper on it for the money you safe and it looks awesome.
- 5th gen 4Runner TRD Pro, all capable and known reliability

I basically do not get the reason you would want to buy an early LC250, but whatever floats your boat of course. Some folks like the looks and widgets of a new Land Rover defender, lease and do not care. Not the typical Toyota enthusiast, however looks and temptation can easily dominate.

Seems over MSRP on the 250 LC Prado with given high depreciation, quite a few other choices make more sense such as:
- LC200 at $60 to $70k with more capability, more seating space, lower depreciation, known reliability
- GX460 in the same Prado category and indeed with similar capability, bought second hand with resulting lower depreciation, known reliability. Put the CBI front bumper on it for the money you safe and it looks awesome.
- 5th gen 4Runner TRD Pro, all capable and known reliability

I basically do not get the reason you would want to buy an early LC250, but whatever floats your boat of course. Some folks like the looks and widgets of a new Land Rover defender, lease and do not care. Not the typical Toyota enthusiast, however looks and temptation can easily dominate.

Exactly how does paying $60-70K for a used Land Cruiser 200 right now make sense?

Twilly, I know you are a 250 fan so not trying to convince you otherwise.

With regards to say a 2016 to 2018 era LC200 at 60 to 70k:
- Depreciation is going to be lineair to zero from say 50 or 100k miles bought to say 350k miles
- This will be much better than a zero mile 250 with the funky I4 hybrite and battery pack and unknown depreciation (I would think it will drop like the LX and GX do, maybe worse like BMW's)
- the 200 offers more vehicle at known reliability or so I expect most of us would see it. You can talk yourself in a different place, I am sure.

In the end you do your own calculations (I tend to do in xls) and figure out what is best value trade off for you.

Buying a vehicle is like dating girls and trying to marry the one you like. I would say the LC250 is maybe more sexy for some of us (just because it is new with more widgets), yet I do not think it will be a happier marriage on the long run like the 200. I actually would say the 200 is more than the 250, head and shoulders. Now maybe you buy and sell every 4 years and/or lease and do not care to much about the long game. Then the 250 maybe perfect for you. Remember it is a LC Prado and not the LC300. Possible the Land Rover Defender is even sexier.

Good luck dude!

I bet we'll see one on BaT by end of May
Searching on Autotrader in the 2018 to 2020 and $60 to $70k range there are plenty nice LC200's in the 50k to 100k miles.

Maybe test drive one and then go for the 250.

Last edited:
Searching on Autotrader in the 2018 to 2020 and $60 to $70k range there are plenty nice LC200's in the 50k to 100k miles range.

I was speculating that we'll see a dealer list a brand new 250 on Bring a Trailer in coming months to see how much they can scalp one for while they are essentially unobtanium

I was speculating that we'll see a dealer list a brand new 250 on Bring a Trailer in coming months to see how much they can scalp one for while they are essentially unobtanium
Bring a Trailer tends to be for older bangers and some gems potentially (like an FJ40 which restored is awesome), so you really mislead me there.

Bring a Trailer tends to be for older bangers and some gems potentially (like an FJ40 which restored is awesome), so you really mislead me there.

BaT regularly has new/almost new highly desirable vehicles on it

I have a local Dodge dealer who's about to list a new unobtainable challenger on BaT

There's currently listed a 2022 911 and a 2021 bronco
This 2023 Bronco bid to $53,500 but didnt sell today

Last edited:

- Depreciation is going to be lineair to zero from say 50 or 100k miles bought to say 350k miles
- This will be much better than a zero mile 250 with the funky I4 hybrite and battery pack and unknown depreciation (I would think it will drop like the LX and GX do, maybe worse like BMW's)
- the 200 offers more vehicle at known reliability or so I expect most of us would see it. You can talk yourself in a different place, I am sure.

In the end you do your own calculations (I tend to do in xls) and figure out what is best value trade off for you.

Buying a vehicle is like dating girls and trying to marry the one you like. I would say the LC250 is maybe more sexy for some of us (just because it is new with more widgets), yet I do not think it will be a happier marriage on the long run like the 200. I actually would say the 200 is more than the 250, head and shoulders. Now maybe you buy and sell every 4 years and/or lease and do not care to much about the long game. Then the 250 maybe perfect for you. Remember it is a LC Prado and not the LC300. Possible the Land Rover Defender is even sexier.

Good luck dude!
There are only 30,000 LC 200's sold in the US in the past 10 years, versus nearly 300,000 GX's, so do the math on the new 550. The LC 200 will always be super rare in comparison, which speaks well for continued value and much less depreciation.

BaT regularly has new/almost new highly desirable vehicles on it

I have a local Dodge dealer who's about to list a new unobtainable challenger on BaT

There's currently listed a 2022 911 and a 2021 bronco
Ok, seems odd you would ever consider as I would want to test drive any newer vehicle in all occasions. Looks to me exception to the rule, but I am not a BaT expert nor do I follow it much.

There are only 30,000 LC 200's sold in the US in the past 10 years, versus nearly 300,000 GX's, so do the math on the new 550. The LC 200 will always be super rare in comparison, which speaks well for continued value and much less depreciation.
Exactly, why it is so much more attractive to buy a recent year 200 than a new 250.

Ok, seems odd you would ever consider as I would want to test drive any newer vehicle in all occasions. Looks to me exception to the rule, but I am not a BaT expert nor do I follow it much.

The only people who are going to have an opportunity to test drive a 250 in the next 6 plus months are people who committed to purchasing one months in advance.

Everything is pre-sold according to my toyota guy and people who have committed to buy will be permitted to test drive but either you take it or they move on to the next person in line waiting to buy.

You might be surprised at the number of vehicles that are purchased sight unseen

Good luck dude!

As much as I was enthused about the 250 (and it will be a fantastic vehicle) its low capacities don't suit my needs.

But most consumers don't care about capacities--or (edit, more accurately) the 250's capacities, for them, will be perfectly adequate. For them, the new Land Cruiser will be better than the old Land Cruiser. Why then pay more for the old Land Cruiser (used, no less) than the new, better Land Cruiser?

I think it's inevitable that Land Cruiser 250 will drive used prices of Land Cruiser 200 down by tens of thousands of dollars. Were I in the market for a Land Cruiser 200 (I'm not) I would wait a year or two.

Last edited:
As much as I was enthused about the 250 (and it will be a fantastic vehicle) its low capacities don't suit my needs.

But most consumers don't care about capacities. For them, the new Land Cruiser will be better than the old Land Cruiser. Why then pay more for the old Land Cruiser (used, no less) than the new, better Land Cruiser?

I think it's inevitable that Land Cruiser 250 will drive used prices of Land Cruiser 200 down by tens of thousands of dollars. Were I in the market for a Land Cruiser 200 (I'm not) I would wait a year or two.
Totally disagree. Due to sold numbers alone the 200 will stay up there and has potential long term collectors value like the 80.

Also most buyers, in the US at least, do not like small I-4 turbos or hybrid technology.

How is $60 to $70k on a used LC200 more than the 250 at 5 to15k marked up MSRP, as stated above?

1710014778959.png

Once you chose the higher end model with desirable features, you could be over $80k and now Toyota is selling you a Prado for Land Cruiser 200/300 pricing. I guess good for profits and Toyota stock...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom