2023 Baja XL Rally (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My best friend and I are participating in the 2023 Baja XL Rally this coming February.

74D234DE-F4D3-48B2-9CB0-6AE8B13ED65F.jpeg

We’ll be driving his 1997 collector’s edition 80 series Land Cruiser.

3BF34F14-1C95-4BD5-98AB-95CE8BD6E96C.jpeg

Just wanted to post up and see if any other mud members are attending.

This is a point to point rally with minimal support. We’ll be relying on gps, maps and our questionable navigation skills. Our daily mileage will average around 200-400 miles for a total of about 3000 miles.

We start near San Diego and head south, along the Sea of Cortez, to La Paz then back north on the Pacific side ending in Ensenada.

Should be a great time. We’re really looking forward to it!

Post up your thoughts and questions!

That sounds like a blast. Back in “the day” I had a lot of great times in the Baja, mostly from Rosarito to Ensenada in the beach communities. The Mexican community was very gracious and all had an amazing time if we behaved ourselves. I look forward to seeing how your Baja XL in your 80 series progresses with the different stages. Good luck!

I'll make that trip in a 40 series, just not this year...

@AlaskanWheeler there will be at least one 40 in this year’s event. Michael Emery of the Slow Baja podcast is running his 71 FJ40.

If you enjoy podcasts and you are fascinated with Baja like me, check it out here:

Cheers… or rather Saludé!

An avid supporter and sponsor of Michael and the team @ Slow Baja. He's a great listen and has some fantastic guests.

…ask your doctor if Baja is right for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom