2022 Colorado planning thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rebekah and I won’t be making it this year. We’re
Gonna stay put in the SE. Super bummed but happy you guys are making it. Y’all need to document this trip well so that the rest of us can live vicariously through you!
Updated. :(

Yea I’m not going out west this summer. At least not to CO

Hey everyone. Been a while since there's been an update but there's been discussions on groupme and at some of the meetups. For those that have missed out this is a "suggested" agenda that is slowly being put together.

1) Going to Montrose to pick up wives/children/etc.
2) Trails are not set. Just options.
3) Actually nothing is set just making suggestions

Here we go:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BHM to Montrose - 1463 Miles - 23 hours

Day 1 (Thursday) BHM to Elk City OK- 872 miles - 12 hours

Day 2 Elk City OK to Montrose CO - 623 miles - 10.5 hours

Day 3 (Saturday) Montrose CO to Moab UT - 172 miles - <3 hours

Hell's Revenge | Difficult | 14 miles - 3-4 hours

Monitor and Merrimack | Moderate to Difficult | 12 miles - 2.5 hours

Gemini Bridge Trail | Easy | 14 miles - 2.5 hours (48 miles from Moab)

Poison Spider Mesa | Difficult | 36 miles - 4 hours (36 miles from Moab)

Day 5 (Monday) Moab UT to Ouray CO - 150 miles - 3 hours

Day 10 (Saturday) Ouray to Elk City OK - 659 miles - 11 hours

Day 11 Elk City to BHM - 836 miles - 12 hours

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, nothing concrete. Just a general idea. I'm in need of hotel/cabin arrangements so I'll probably book rooms based roughly on the schedule above if no one says anything to counter it. Thank you.

This is why I want to find a job west of the Mississippi so badly. We scaled our usual trip out west back this year because 1 diesel prices 2 everything we wanted to do was on fire when we wanted to go.

I look forward to seeing some pictures!

Some pics to motivate for next year

05F900F7-2469-424E-9776-F3EF34E3544A.jpeg

54296C83-B4CB-49FC-B5DF-BA29B13A3672.jpeg

0D43C8D5-AF64-434B-A93D-3F90264D3D07.jpeg

5F42AECA-29CC-4C91-8B03-A6FE801A49F7.jpeg

4B59B9B7-69BC-411E-936B-C06E876BD1EA.jpeg

Two kids in the RTT or two very friendly adults. It’s not huge.

CVT. I can’t remember the name off the top of my head. I got it used. It’s the only hard shell that goes straight up. I like the space but would go wedge next time. They are so so easy to put up and down.

Two kids in the RTT or two very friendly adults. It’s not huge.

CVT. I can’t remember the name off the top of my head. I got it used. It’s the only hard shell that goes straight up. I like the space but would go wedge next time. They are so so easy to put up and down.
ok, it looks pretty huge. I knew there was a good chance the pig is just smaller than it looks though.

Great pics. I ended up flying out with the family a couple weeks before you guys. I rented a Bronco for the week and was pretty impressed. I ran all the way up Yankee Boy and thought about hitting the first part of Imogene on the way back but there was a group of jeeps clogging up the entrance.

PXL_20220722_150247760.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom