2020 LC HE (third seat delete): Considering ARB RD1045 or RDRF1045 drawer system. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

7000ft

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm considering DYI (or having them installed) a set of ARB RD1045 or RDRF1045 drawers in my 2020 HE with the third seat delete. My question is since the third seat anchor points I presume are not drilled, how difficult it is to install the drawers? I live here in Flagstaff (150 miles north of Phoenix), so I would consider having a reputable shop down there install if anyone has a shop they trust.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions or comments.
Bob

For what it’s worth, check out this thread.

He makes it seem easy. But drilling through my floor is daunting.

I opted out of installing the ARB drawer system and purchased the system from SLEE Off-road and had them install it when they installed my SLEE sliders last week. A nice 1400 mile short vacation up to Golden, CO . SLEE as everyone would expect did an excellent installation. A big thank you shout out to Ben at SLEE for taking care of my project.

I opted out of installing the ARB drawer system and purchased the system from SLEE Off-road and had them install it when they installed my SLEE sliders last week. A nice 1400 mile short vacation up to Golden, CO . SLEE as everyone would expect did an excellent installation. A big thank you shout out to Ben at SLEE for taking care of my project.

Ben and Slee are top notch if you can make the drive and have the budget... they did all the work on my 2008. I chose to install ARB drawers myself on the 08 and 2021 HE the past few days. Its really about staying in first gear (slow and methodical). Also, toggling in between 3-4 sets of instructions. The templates for drilling anchor holes are spot on. Higher grade tools help but not necessary except for counter sink and clean up drill bits. Get ready for extra bolts / parts.. worse than any BBQ pit assembly. Overall quality, fit and finish is excellent in my opinion. Although I have not researched competitive product.

IMG_6441.jpeg

IMG_6435.jpeg

IMG_6437.jpeg

IMG_6432.jpeg

IMG_6427.jpeg

Ben and Slee are top notch if you can make the drive and have the budget... they did all the work on my 2008. I chose to install ARB drawers myself on the 08 and 2021 HE the past few days. Its really about staying in first gear (slow and methodical). Also, toggling in between 3-4 sets of instructions. The templates for drilling anchor holes are spot on. Higher grade tools help but not necessary except for counter sink and clean up drill bits. Get ready for extra bolts / parts.. worse than any BBQ pit assembly. Overall quality, fit and finish is excellent in my opinion. Although I have not researched competitive product.

View attachment 2647055

View attachment 2647056

View attachment 2647057

View attachment 2647058

View attachment 2647059
IThat is exactly what I did last week. They also installed the sliders I had purchased. Ben took care of everything. Great people to work with.
Nice job of the DIY project.

That is exactly what I did last week. They also installed the sliders I had purchased. Ben took care of everything. Great people to work with.
Great to hear. I'm about the start the sliders for the HE between zillion kiddo lacrosse games. Wish I had a high lift and helper..

Great to hear. I'm about the start the sliders for the HE between zillion kiddo lacrosse games. Wish I had a high lift and helper..
It is a fairly easy one person job with four rhino ramps and a hydraulic floor jack with a short length of 2x6. I’ve done two Budbuilt slider installs solo, and if you follow the video Rob posted, it is pretty straightforward.

It is a fairly easy one person job with four rhino ramps and a hydraulic floor jack with a short length of 2x6. I’ve done two Budbuilt slider installs solo, and if you follow the video Rob posted, it is pretty straightforward.
Good call, was thinking about ramps. Thanks for guidance!

View attachment 2647055

View attachment 2647056

View attachment 2647057

View attachment 2647058

View attachment 2647059
Thanks for the information.

Any pictures of the template/overlay on how it’s laid out? I’m still reluctant to go down this road, but possibly largely due to the fact I’m having difficulty visualizing what the process entails.

This is what I visualize: locate the correct spot, mark it, center punch it, drill a small pilot hole, if you can see the captured nut centered in that hole, drill it with a larger drill until your bolt fits, if not centered, use a conical burr to re-center or enlarge the hole as necessary.

This is what I visualize: locate the correct spot, mark it, center punch it, drill a small pilot hole, if you can see the captured nut centered in that hole, drill it with a larger drill until your bolt fits, if not centered, use a conical burr to re-center or enlarge the hole as necessary.
Understand that, but more unsure about the template itself, what reference points are used, etc.

Understand that, but more unsure about the template itself, what reference points are used, etc.
ARB and Slee have all the documentation online. General instructions and vehicle specific including pictures of templates etc.

ARB and Slee have all the documentation online. General instructions and vehicle specific including pictures of templates etc.
I’ve found the installation instructions (including drawing showing dimensions for placement of the support bars depending on vehicle model), but no templates or dimensional takeoffs that refer to location of holes for the 200.

Perhaps they are supplied in hard copy with the drawers, but I’d like to better understand the process before ordering.

I’ve found the installation instructions (including drawing showing dimensions for placement of the support bars depending on vehicle model), but no templates or dimensional takeoffs that refer to location of holes for the 200.

Perhaps they are supplied in hard copy with the drawers, but I’d like to better understand the process before ordering.
You are correct, they did come in box. However, certain Ben would send you the “Vehicle Specific Instructions”. Hard to see but attached wrinkled pics of mine to give you idea

FD654DE7-EACF-4122-8704-D2AFB7340BCA.jpeg

1F9D8C00-D2D8-4D13-B6B1-421758EF85C0.jpeg

I'm considering DYI (or having them installed) a set of ARB RD1045 or RDRF1045 drawers in my 2020 HE with the third seat delete. My question is since the third seat anchor points I presume are not drilled, how difficult it is to install the drawers? I live here in Flagstaff (150 miles north of Phoenix), so I would consider having a reputable shop down there install if anyone has a shop they trust.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions or comments.
Bob
It may be drive but if you happen to be in the Valley, I have had great success from a shop here in Phoenix just off of the 51 and McDowell called Truck Access Plus 602 273 9284. Family owned and operated. Guys have always treated me very well. They did my install on my Retrax Bedcover and CargoGlide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom