2019 Uwharrie Forest - VOLUNTEER WORK DAY SCHEDULE [ ON HOLD due to gmnt shutdown] (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fourtrax

SILVER Star
Threads
JANUARY 26

FEBRUARY 23

MARCH 23

APRIL 20

MAY 18

JUNE 22

JULY 20*

AUGUST 17*

SEPTEMBER 21

OCTOBER 19

NOVEMBER 16

OHV TRAILS CLOSE ON Monday DECEMBER 16, 2019

*FOR JULY & AUGUST WORK DAYS THE FOREST SERVICE WON’T PLAN ANY SPECIFIC PROJECTS DUE TO THE LIKELIHOOD THAT WE’LL BE ON FIRE DETAILS. VOLUNTEERS CAN DO GENERAL TRASH CLEAN-UP, BRUSH BACK THE TRAILS, AND CLEAN OUT TAIL
DITCHES.

Standard meeting time is 9:00 AM at the Hunt Camp parking lot -> Google Maps.

Last edited:
JANUARY 26

FEBRUARY 23

MARCH 23

APRIL 20

MAY 18

JUNE 22

JULY 20*

AUGUST 17*

SEPTEMBER 21

OCTOBER 19

NOVEMBER 16

OHV TRAILS CLOSE ON Monday DECEMBER 16, 2019

*FOR JULY & AUGUST WORK DAYS THE FOREST SERVICE WON’T PLAN ANY SPECIFIC PROJECTS DUE TO THE LIKELIHOOD THAT WE’LL BE ON FIRE DETAILS. VOLUNTEERS CAN DO GENERAL TRASH CLEAN-UP, BRUSH BACK THE TRAILS, AND CLEAN OUT TAIL
DITCHES.

Standard meeting time is 9:00 AM at the Hunt Camp parking lot -> Google Maps.

I’m open to help out on January 26th - what should I bring

Boots, gloves, shovel, loppers or branch saw if you have. Lunch/water.

With the shutdown still in full swing it looks like the 26th workday will be cancelled

URE update from Terry

Hi Everyone – I wanted to let you know that we’re cancelling the January 26th work day due to the lapse in funding for the government. I am only allowed to work at the fee sites 1 or 2 days a week and we are not allowed to have volunteers work at sites that are closed. The OHV trails are currently closed for the season so we are not allowed to have any volunteers out there at this time. I did want to let you know that our campgrounds, shooting range & KMP are open and you are allowed to use those facilities at this time. You can still make reservations or you can pay on site. We are allowed to have our campground & KMP hosts continue to volunteer & the NCWRC range officer at the range, because those rec sites are still opened at this time. We are allowed only to use our fees and RTP grants and other trusts that are generated and not appropriated through Congress. This means we are only doing basic level work for these fee recreation sites, some timber sale preparation, some road maintenance and trail maintenance.

We also have the ok for the OHV Trail Maintenance Contract to start soon and some other RTP Grant funded projects so if you’re up here you might see some folks out there doing that work. Also, if you want to buy your OHV Annual & Range Day & Annual passes you’ll need to do that at our 3 vendors (Eldorado Outpost, Uwharrie Sportsman and Swift Island BP – OHV only) because we are not allowed to make sales at this time. Please let your friends know that too, so they don’t call the offices about passes as they’ll need to go to the vendors.

I hope that we will be back to the office soon. Take care. Bye - Terry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom