2019 Tundra Platinum (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ordered a 2019 Tundra and upgraded to the Platinum because I really liked the blackout grill and color matched bumpers. Putting fuel Ripper 20" black wheels on and a black tipped duel exhaust. Problem is the side mirrors and door handles come with chrome finish and i want black or color match as well (dark magnetic grey) Any way to change out the chrome or paint or tape over the chrome?

When I was looking at Tundras a detailing guy was upgrading one with chrome accents on the door handles and side mirrors. He popped the body color parts off and snapped new plastic/chrome pieces on. Took him 15 minutes and 10 of that he was talking to me.

No reason you can’t do it too. Just have to find the parts.

Edit: if you are buying new from a dealer have them do the work.

I am out of the country till April but have contacted the dealer to see if they can do that. Good idea! They should have suggested it when I was dealing with them. The black insert for the Tundra logo in the tailgate is optional so why not the door handles and side mirrors. I ordered Fuel Ripper 20" black wheels as well and will have brand new 20" Platinum chrome wheels to sell in April if anyone wants a deal on brand new wheels.....

I got mine from Sparks Parts and swapped them out. Super easy, for the mirrors get a plastic trip kit not to mar the edges.

Found a set on eBay that covers the door handles, mirrors and tail gate handle for $85 Will let you know how they look (black)

Just go to ebay and search for 2018/2019 mirror and door handle covers for Tundra

Found a set on eBay that covers the door handles, mirrors and tail gate handle for $85 Will let you know how they look (black)

So, how did these eBay handle/mirror covers work out? Do you like the look?

We winter in Baja Mexico and will return to Colorado next week to take delivery of the Tundra. I will post some pics. Now I need to sell the the new OEM 20” Platinum wheels.

We winter in Baja Mexico and will return to Colorado next week to take delivery of the Tundra. I will post some pics. Now I need to sell the the new OEM 20” Platinum wheels.

We just bought a new 2019 Tundra Platinum, and as part of the deal I had the selling dealer swap those 20" Platinum wheels with the Rock Warrior wheels (with Wrangler Duramax tires) that were on our Land Cruiser (see photo). The Tundra actually rides and handles better with this wheel/tire combo. Very quiet too. So no, I won't be buying your wheels--Ha!
P6100008.JPG

Here are some pics of the 2019 Tundra blacked out with no chrome. Door handles and mirrors balked out and Fuel Ripper wheels plus just added a Black Diamondback bed cover.

IMG_3621.JPG

IMG_3622.JPG

IMG_3620.JPG

IMG_3619.JPG

IMG_3617.JPG

Selling the new Tundra Platinum 20" wheels for $500 or make an offer. They are in boxes and can be shipped......

IMG_3608.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom