2018 Mcgrew (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any smoke anticipated for the trail or camp?
What frequency will you’all be using?
Looking forward,
:cool:

p.s. :bounce::clap::steer::bounce2::rolleyes:

Not sure on the smoke as of yet, I haven't heard of anything in that area. Freq: 147.470 for :pig:radios.

No fires or bad smoke looks like. Things are lining up and we are about ready! well see some of you at the Obrien store Friday!

Few pics
https://photos.app.goo.gl/FQGnStU5jgCJJJZQ7

IMG_20180720_082929.jpg
IMG_20180720_082754.jpg
IMG_20180720_082816.jpg
IMG_20180720_075047273_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180720_121920.jpg

Nice!! I was too beat to make it. Camped out last weekend and had a crazy week and an overnight guest.. Glad to see ya ran the trail.. Sigh..

So how was Sourdough water-wise?? Was it smokey there in camp??

Thursday was great then the winds hit that night and brought the smoke in. Wasn't as bad as the valley here but still smokey. The water was great and we hit up all 3 swimming holes. Had a large party raft we hung out on most of the day and enjoyed being unplugged.

Alright Ladies and Gents the tally is in. This years campout will be on JULY 20th-22nd

Some of us will be meeting at the Obrien Store at 8am Friday the 20th to run the Mcgrew Trail.

Happy Trails :p

Hey guys,
Visiting OR from the Southwest and was looking to try and get a permit to run the McGrew trail. Searching from my phone seems to keep bringing up posts about it being special use group permits only.
Is it possible to get a permit to run it a few days from now?
Cheers and thanks! 🍻

Hey Tim, as far as I know the gate to the trail is locked currently, though the trail is still accessible from the mid-point via the fire road. You don't need a permit to run the trail, only to hold an event on the trail. So you can definitely head out there and have a good time, but running the whole trail is only possible if you go in the middle and come back to the beginning behind the gate.

Hey Tim, as far as I know the gate to the trail is locked currently, though the trail is still accessible from the mid-point via the fire road. You don't need a permit to run the trail, only to hold an event on the trail. So you can definitely head out there and have a good time, but running the whole trail is only possible if you go in the middle and come back to the beginning behind the gate.
I swore I had a better map and waypoints that showed the cut off to dive back up to the McGrew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom