2017 Turf & Surf Planning Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think the plan is to have a Saturday group dinner. Some arrive Thurs and don't depart until Monday. I was hoping to but its looking like this will be a short trip for us (Friday through late Sunday). You all can easily join us Saturday dinner, drop stuff, not camp, etc... I think @Phulcrum is organizing the pot luck, we are going to smoke a large brisket for the group.

Wow I can't believe time is flying by so fast and hopefully when we're there time will not fly as well. So when you guys camp out do you guys do some kind of "potluck" and if so how much do you guys prepare food wise?
Will I be able to just drop my gear and BBQ while not camping overnight?

So far the wife and I and my sis and bro in law will attend with there twin micro pit pups. We will not however camp but will stay local "hotel/motel". I wanted to get the feel of how things are and know from experience it gets cold at night before we go all in next year.

it only gets down to low 50's at night, so most camp gear is fine to keep you warm. you wont need much gear to bbq with as we will have everything set up for dinner and breakfast prep.
we usually do potluck style meals because we are an eating club with an off roading problem.

thursday: burgers n dogs
friday: turf n surf fajitas
saturday : 24 hr smoked brisket (yes, smoked in camp)
sunday: something easy

breakfasts:
hashbrowns , bacon, and eggs
chorizo and hashbrowns and eggs
bagels and cream cheese
left over fajitas with eggs

Frank Elripster needs to update the planning thread.

headcount so far (?)
elripster + 1 adult, 2 kids
phulcrum + 1 kid
kim + 1 adult +3 kids
Rrescate randy + 1 kid
Candi + 1 kid
Zak attack + 1 adult + 2 kids
lexusman450??
harley??

I'm out for this trip. Family things ended up burning through my travel funds for this.

what's the 411 on lighting fireworks off at night on the beach? I know it is technically illegal anywhere in CA but I got a stash that I need to rip through.....wondering if the rangers care much or they freak out about it?

We are having a pot luck Saturday for sure. But one can BBQ on the beach for sure even if you aren't staying there.

@elripster please remove kim and guests from my previous list .

Weather is looking pretty good for Pismo, those getting in Thurs or prior be prepared for some rain.
Screenshot_20171104-080213.png

Head count check...

elripster + 1 adult, 2 kids
phulcrum + 1 kid
Rrescate randy +1 Adult + 1 kid
Candi + 1 kid
Zak attack + 1 adult + 2 kids
David + 1 Adult
lexusman450??

Last edited:
Looks like Thursday is no longer rain-ish. Should be a nice weekend.

Just picked up parts to replace my water pump and some related components, as long as all goes well w/ install tomorrow we're still in. If all hell breaks loose we will have to bail, but we're not planning on that!! I'm also rolling solo w/ my two boys, wife is getting a needed weekend away from the family. :meh:

Looking forward to it, this was one of my favorite trips last year.

add 1 adult for randy

+ David and his wife

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom