2016 LX 570 Front Bumper Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Animal strikes are one of the reasons I am considering an after-market bumper. I’m really impressed with how well that held up to a deer strike at that speed.
Glad you came out safe and sound.

My opinion, looks like a relatively easy adapt to any of the common bull bars. Further, you could consider a 2016+ TLC bar as the new gen LX570 has similar (narrower) lights. For example, the 2016+ Ironman bar, or as pictured earlier in the thread, the ARB bar, or a TJM.

The reason I'm not thinking a Dissent or Metaltech 4x4 is that the 'lip' at the bumper is different TLC to LX570, and the Oz based bull bars have a wide shelf here. Of course it requires some recessing, but probably looks better overall than a more custom fit that overhangs.

Another option, the ARB mounting brackets are available separately. From there any fab shop could build you a custom. Maybe look around for quotes from local shops? Given that ARB has already done the fit work on the mounts, this might take only 20 hours to build the rest on top of those.

The depth of the 2016+ grill—the distance between plastic and radiator / frame horns is really the only difference. The mechanical mounting wont be an issue - its just how much cutting you have to do. As grinchy pointed out there will be quite a bit of overlap of grill and the lip of the bumper. If you notice the build from @Chrisleduc1 they even had to make some vertical cuts in the spindle of the grill to make clearance for the uprights of the bullbar. A bumper-only options like Dissent, CBI, or ARB safari wouldn't have these issues.

That being said I think the bullbar on Chris's truck looks incredible and would totally be worth the surgery require on the bumper skin. But thats a personal preference.

Thanks. It's actually a 2013, but I am pretty sure it will fit on 16. I would confirm with Dissent though. They are also developing a beefier version, but I have been really happy with mine. It is (relatively) lightweight, has amazing clearance, and is incredibly well built. Here is a more recent shot of the front:
Do you mind if I ask how the sensors and lights matched up or if you had to do some modification? Was reading the mountain goat build about there being more parking sensors and the lights being different.

Do you mind if I ask how the sensors and lights matched up or if you had to do some modification? Was reading the mountain goat build about there being more parking sensors and the lights being different.

All of the stock sensors fit and work fine. The positioning has a little flexibility. No mods on the lights.

Are there anyone fitted ARB Summit Sahara bumper on 2013-2015 LX570?

IMG_6354.JPG

Steps at Moab.JPG

IMG_7357.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom