2016 Land Cruiser w/ 102,000 Miles on the Clock... Someone Please Talk Me Out of Buying (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Everyone,

Hoping to get some advice on how bad of an idea it might be to purchase this sweet thing... I've had multiple cruisers (2xFJ60's, 1x100 series) and currently have a 1973 FJ45 and a 1994 FZJ80. I absolutely love the 2016 200 series models with thefacelift, and know the 5.7L is worth its salt. However I am completely perplexed and concerned by the 8 speed tranny... I have ready quite a few horror stories regarding early failures and am very worried I will not get the 250K minimum I demand of these vehicles. Anyone have any experience or advice in this situation? Also, any other issues to watch out for? (saw a post about radiators in the pre-2016 models, seems the jury is still out on if the 2016+ models are prone to cracking)

Thank you all for your time and help.

FYI- The Carfax shows clockwork oil changes and the "accident" was supposedly a deer.. Dealer also sent more photos, underside and frame are rust free...

Lol it's just a radiator and water pump, they're going to need replacing anyways.

That is absolute insane pricing for $49k. You gotta be a sucker to pay that with 100k+ miles. Aka the covid tax.

If you really want a 2016+ I would be patient and keep looking. within the past year I passed on a 2016 w/78k for $45k (1 owner), and a 2016 CPO w/55k miles for $55. Kicked myself both times for not pulling the trigger. Recently picked up a 2018 w/43k miles for $60k out the door.

Better deals are deff out there.

If you like it, make an offer and cut a deal. The asking price is just a starting point for negotiations. All of the 200 series have been incredibly reliable.

Lol it's just a radiator and water pump, they're going to need replacing anyways.

That is absolute insane pricing for $49k. You gotta be a sucker to pay that with 100k+ miles. Aka the covid tax.
Agreed on the pricing. I should have mention this earlier. I am only interested if the dealer drops to 46ish. We are currently negotiating closer to 47k-48k.

If you really want a 2016+ I would be patient and keep looking. within the past year I passed on a 2016 w/78k for $45k (1 owner), and a 2016 CPO w/55k miles for $55. Kicked myself both times for not pulling the trigger. Recently picked up a 2018 w/43k miles for $60k out the door.

Better deals are deff out there.
Ah yes, I would have jumped on the 2016 w/78k for $45k. What a good deal!

Im on a 2016 I bought with 33K miles, now @ 50k after 2 years. Only issue I had with the tranny was the known computer glitch fixed with the patch that had to do with harsh shifting on hard acceleration, after the patch it has been smooth sailing...

As for the price, as said above, pass on and be patient. It took me 2 months to find mine, and not from a dealer...

Agreed on the pricing. I should have mention this earlier. I am only interested if the dealer drops to 46ish. We are currently negotiating closer to 47k-48k.

Your money so clearly you can do what you want with it. Even if you hope to keep the truck forever, that Carfax blemish is never going to go away and will detract from the value should you ever resell. Even at $46k you're still paying a covid tax on a blemished Carfax vehicle.

Just let the dealer know I'm passing on the purchase. Can't thank you all enough for providing sound reasoning.

I miss my 100 Series, probably one of the best cars I've ever owned. Looking forward to the 200 Series, I'll continue to be patient and check in with you all.

Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom