2014 Tacoma A/C working intermittently. Any idea on how to fix? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, was needing some help. My AC is only working when it wants to. Works fine sometimes then nothing coming from blower on any setting other times. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

I'm headed to auto parts store. I thought I had just changed cabin air filter not to long ago. Dumped this out after I was able to yank it out, seemed pretty stuck at first. Should have checked this first.. hope it's the only issue

20230211_121200.jpg

That should help!
It doesn't take much particulate in the cabin filter to really cut the volume of air the HVAC will push!
Butt

That should help!
It doesn't take much particulate in the cabin filter to really cut the volume of air the HVAC will push!
Butt
I got a k&n filter and it's still intermittent. I do hear a sound in blower when it is working. It's making a little rattle when in lowest ac level. Nothing as you increase it.. it works great, then nothing sometimes

Well you’ve already performed step 1 which is to clean out the rat’s nest (mine would put yours to shame, btw) so I would say you’re ready to proceed to step 2 which is to kick the Shiite out of it until it starts to work right.

Is your AC not blowing any air or is it not blowing cold air?

the ticking from the motor is most likely nothing to worry about, could be a small piece of a leaf or debris in the motor. if the motor dosnt work at all i would start by checking the blower motor resister, if the resister checks ok then it may be the blower. next time it dosnt work you can unplug the blower and check for power and ground. if you have power and ground then its the bloer

Check the pigtail where it plugs into the blower motor. Common failure point.

Wiggle the wires about an inch away from the plug when running. You'll know right away.

Blower motor resistor. you can find YT videos om the replacement and TW has threads on the fix. I had to replace mine years ago (2005 Tacoma) and it has worked fine since. In my case it would only turn on full blast. The resistor connections had corroded. Common problem as others have posted.

Reactions: bkg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom