2013 GX - Dash Lights and P0057 Code (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I searched on here and generally, but have not found any specific answers. Maybe someone on here will have some pointers.

The attached photo shows the lights on the dash. 4lo is blinking. My understanding is all that just means it is in a limited function mode or something similar. So I'm assuming the 4x4 system is functional. However, it will NOT go into 4lo.

It has been a month long saga, but I'll try to summarize.

It went to local general mechanic to repair a coolant valley leak. They did that, but while there it had the resonator cut off by a catalytic converter thief. The shop replaced it at no charge and that came with a new downstream O2 sensor. When they started it after replacement it threw the P0057 code and the dash lights fired up as described above. They replaced the O2 with Denso OEM, without change. They are stumped and sent it home.

I measured the voltage on the plug where the O2 plugs into the GX and found one leg at 12V and the other at 10V. I'm assuming that 10V should be 12V and that is what is being detected as low voltage. The plugs and wiring all looks to be whole and in good shape. The thief didn't damage any wiring.

My next step is a visit to a dealer which will get pricey, but I need this for a trip in May and have to have it working.

BTW, I have a cable on the way for TechStream, but I don't expect to get much back from it since I already found the low voltage.

Does anyone know if that B2S2 plug should have 10 or 12V?

Is it normal for a problem like this to prevent the GX from going into 4lo?

Any other expertise I should know?

Could this be a fuse?

Any thoughts welcomed.

S.

GX-Dash-Lights1.jpg

Update for those that find this later:
Toyota dealer found a break in the wiring harness that they repaired to get voltage at the O2 sensor back up where it belonged which stopped the errors.

$1200 bill, which included $400 to unnecessarily replace the O2 sensor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom