2011 FJ - Anyone notice that the radio backlight is dim ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've looked at every setting I can find, and still no help.

The backlight on the 2011 FJ Cruiser is orange....but impossible to see whatsoever during the day. When it's nighttime....no problem.

Is there a setting that will adjust the brightness or contrast, or are they all dim ?

Thx
Mike

Same problem as before, really. On the FJammer head unit in my '08 you can change the color of the LCD Display and the Contrast, but I don't remember any brightness control. I changed my LCD color to Amber and it was a small improvement.

I just tried changing the backlight color and apparently the 2011 does not have that option. I read the owners manual and tried some of the older fjammer methods like powering the radio off and holding in the "text" button, etc... But that does not work either....

Bummer. I have not seen anyone on the FJForum ask about this yet, and I don't know if the 2011-on head units will have any of those 'hacks'. I'll keep my ears open...

monniepoo, is your FJ a 2011. Your video has a 9/2010 date. The head unit was changed for 2011.

I have the base unit. When activated it shows an orange background and 'FJ Cruiser'. Don't know how to adjust brightness. It is hard to read in the daylight whereas the clock above the radio is no problem.
Wearing polarized sunglasses also makes it hard to read, but again, not the clock or multifunction display on top of the dash.

Mine is an 07 but had a new one installed in sept 2010.

sent from my Droid X using yaptalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom