2010 nav screen issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mac62

SILVER Star
Threads
Looking at purchasing a nice 2010 but noticed that nav screen has a yellow tint. Still functions but not sure for how much longer. Searched but did not find exactly what causes this or easy repair fix. If it has to be replaced…..any clue what kind of money we are talking about? May help with the negotiation process or change my mind. Thanks in advance

038EE2A1-B678-4172-A4FB-96D45AFF3FA5.png

This is fairly common. Think it’s UV damage, so probably seen a lot of sun. There was a thread of a successfully replaced screen, but it hasn’t been done a bunch.

This would be a good place to start.

I requested additional photos of screen and seller provided these. He claims that screen is fine and it is the iPhone camera that is making the screen appear yellow?? Thoughts?? I have not had a 200 series to compare. Just does not look exactly right to me. Thanks

AEF8B62A-3F16-4AC8-9868-C544DBEFF99E.jpeg

9E42334E-9F20-4B32-B2B8-870202EB0A43.jpeg

I actually don’t really care about the nav screen because I won’t ever use it but I just don’t want this to be a sign that the screen is about to go out. From what I understand the AC functions use it just like the 100 so I have to have it working. Thanks

If the seller says it's the phone I wouldn't let the color tone of the photos dissuade you from looking in person. You can take a picture of your own undercarriage for example and see how the phone camera makes any corrosion look worse than it actually is.

I agree. Only issue is vehicle is out of state so I’m going to be buying it online. Won’t see it until it’s mine. Just looks off from other pictures of nav screen I have seen. Wanted second opinion from 200 owners. May go ahead and just get a Toyota ppi for peace of mind. Thanks

Its not the phone, its the screen. My 10 has the exact same coloration, functions normally without issue, no dead pixels, just yellowed.

Ok. Thanks for the heads up. As long as it does not prevent it from functioning correctly I guess I can live with the yellow coloring. I appreciate the insight

Ok. Thanks for the heads up. As long as it does not prevent it from functioning correctly I guess I can live with the yellow coloring. I appreciate the insight

There's always the option of turning it off, which is what I usually do

Replacements can be had on Ebay for cheap if the yellow bothers you

Thanks to all. Glad to hear I can turn it off. Thought it had to be on for AC usage and glad to know it can be replaced cheap on eBay. I had heard it was 5k or more to replace. Thanks again

I was in the 200 market earlier this year and saw several higher-mileage LC's that had the screen yellowing, also delayed startup and touch inputs. The OEM part from Toyota is the entire NAV unit, which is $5000+. Didn't find much at all on Mud about the specific issue.

Had I gone with one of those, I would've attempted replacing the screen itself with this:

TOYOTA Land Cruiser 8 - https://www.germanaudiotech.com/products/toyota-land-cruiser-8-lcd-touch-screen-display-lta080b922f-navigation-lcd-lta080b922f

Curious if anyone has done this hardware swap successfully?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom