2009 f250 power management question... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve got a 2009 f250 diesel that has the dual cranking batteries from the factory and I am planning on running my new Snomaster fridge/freezer plus some other accessories. I’m needing some input on how to go about this. I was thinking of adding two 31 group Odysseys either in the bed or mounted to the frame? I would also like to be able to charge them off solar. Here is a pic of my rig to give you an idea of what I am working with. Thanks for the help.
ca1QQkK.jpg

Similar to the set-up I'm building on my new to me LBZ: Isolator from alternator to aux battery/batteries (I'm using a 200A LiFePO4 battery; but have used dual Lifeline G31's in other project rigs). Separate circuit from aux battery to all your accessories. My battery is mounted in the bed ... next to where a poly water tank will reside ... with a bed slide to allow easy access to all bed gear.

Be sure to size charge & feed cables to your battery array appropriately.

I'm using a Powergate dual rectifier ... isolates the aux from main/starting in all conditions; plenty of history with the product for 10+ years.

When camping in same spot for more than a day or two I rely on stand alone 2) 100W PV panels and a Victron 30/100 controller. Stand-alone because my RTT will take up all the roof space. Possibly could mount a single higher output PV panel atop the RTT ... time will tell on that.

What are your guys thoughts on doing a Redarc BMS 30 install? I like the fact that it has everything you need all in one package. Or another system I was leaning toward was doing a portable power pack like the one National Luna makes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom