2008 Tacoma Shocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Truck is a 2008 Tacoma Ext. Cab with 2.7 4cyl. 4WD. Shocks and struts are toast. There is a good price on a some takeoffs on craigslist from a 2018 Tacoma TRD version, including rear springs. Do the shocks and struts from a 2018 bolt up to a 2008? Springs? This is for a friend's truck. I'm on the "95 and older forum mostly, so my Tacoma knowledge is limited. What other options does he have for shocks and struts? I mentioned ARB and Bilstein. He wants to stay close to stock.

In a nut shell, yes. The stock Toyota suspension parts from the ‘18 will fit on the ‘08 and might even give it a 1” lift.
ARB, Bilstein, Ironman4x4, Fox, Icon, King and a bunch of others make suspension lifts for the Tacoma and the prices range from $500 to $6000.

Aftermarket, Bilstein 5100 would probably be the closest to stock (whilst being an improvement) and the cheapest.

F87643AE-4415-486B-91E7-9247FF84D972.png

If you price shop, you can typically find the OE TRD shocks for pretty decent pricing.
EG from parts.toyota.com I found the front shocks for $105 each and the rears for $65 each.
These are made by Bilstein.

Thanks for the help. I will check out that site for my 1990. Pretty sure my friend decided to go with some bilsteins that are available this week. With the border closed, we can't take advantage of U.S websites or free shipping. Brokerage and duty often add 40% by the time all is said and done. I'm holding off on several projects until the border reopens. Still quite a bit of snow, so destinations are limited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom