2008 LX570 Rust Assessment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, everyone. I am working on a deal on an LX570. It has lived in NJ. The seller sent me the following photos of the undercarriage. Any thoughts? Too much rust? Its a one owner and a decent deal. Just looking for some validation I guess.

image000000.jpg

image000001.jpg

image000002.jpg

image000003.jpg

image000004.jpg

Yup it's rusted. So is the price unbelievable?

Add shipping or travel and price goes up more. Timing is everything, I know. If you can wait and find one with out any rust, you should. I live the next rustbelt state over and no I wouldn't buy it.

Are you going to build it or drive it? If ‘no’ on the build, that rust is nothing but surface rust and should’t trouble you unless you spend all your time looking under the truck. Go drive it on an adventure and slather that frame with dust or mud.

You can buy a new one and it will look like this in a couple of years if you live in a winter salt state (which is now most of the US).

Last edited:
Are you going to build it or drive it? I no on the build, that rust is nothing but surface rust and should ‘t trouble you unless you spend all your time looking under the truck. Go drive it on an adventure and slather that frame with dust or mud.

You can buy a new one and it will look like this in a couple of years if you live in a winter salt state (which is now most of the US).
My plan is to DD it and add to it along the way. I mostly want a vehicle I can drive for more than a few years and have it be worn out. I normally put 30k+ mile a year on a vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom