2007 LC, Infotainment/nav screen randomly restarts (Alternator?) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2007 LC 312k miles, and have been having a problem lately where the screen randomly turns off for a second and restarts, it seems that it loses power for split for second and restarts. The climate control temp buttons also restart when this happens. The only thing that I have done recently is add a BT45-TOY bluetooth system (But it is possible that's unrelated).

I pulled the radio/nav infotainment system, and removed and reset most of the cables in the back, but that didn't help.

Could be the sign of an alternator going out? Or do I have another problem. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
There are at least 3 other threads from people with the same problem, but none of them have received any replies, so really hoping some of the more experience guys out here may be able to help. My Houston mechanic is not interested in chasing electronics gremlins, so I am out of luck on this.

I tried disconnecting the negative battery terminal for 15 minutes and rebooting the system. If that helps I will come back a report.

Update: I Disconnected the battery for 15 minutes, then after reconnecting, I turned the key over just one notch (not a full start). this apparently rebooted the screen from an internal flash. I drove it about 50 miles so far without any return of the problem. Hopeful that this solved the problem, but still kind of holding my breath.

Update: I Disconnected the battery for 15 minutes, then after reconnecting, I turned the key over just one notch (not a full start). this apparently rebooted the screen from an internal flash. I drove it about 50 miles so far without any return of the problem. Hopeful that this solved the problem, but still kind of holding my breath.
Safe to say the problem has not returned?

I've been dealing with the same issue. In my case, I notice that this happens intermittently when I apply the brakes and the electronic brake pump starts up. This doesn't happen all the time. At night, I also notice that the headlights will flash for a split second when this happens (hid retrofit) as though there's a voltage spike. My alternator seems OK, normal voltage levels and battery is fairly new.

I'll try your recommendation to disconnect the battery for 15 min, and hope that'll be the solution.

It has been 3 weeks since I did the battery disconnect and the problem has not returned.

I also remembered a split second headlight flash, which is why I was thinking alternator was flaking out, but thankfully the disconnect and reboot seems to have worked.

It has been 3 weeks since I did the battery disconnect and the problem has not returned.

I also remembered a split second headlight flash, which is why I was thinking alternator was flaking out, but thankfully the disconnect and reboot seems to have worked.
Fingers crossed, hoping that's the solution! Interesting that I started experiencing this problem after I installed the GROM unit, but the issue continued even after I removed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom