2007-2009 TRD supercharger question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fjc-man

SILVER Star
Threads
So, if someone was lucky enough to ( at this late date ) come into possession of a complete supercharger kit, is the dealer capable of flashing the ECU to allow using the kit at this late date? Also, would it matter if the kit was from an automatic and then installed in a manual trans FJ?

So, if someone was lucky enough to ( at this late date ) come into possession of a complete supercharger kit, is the dealer capable of flashing the ECU to allow using the kit at this late date? Also, would it matter if the kit was from an automatic and then installed in a manual trans FJ?

the flash file should still be available provided there was a supercharger kit available for the fj cruiser. if the kit came off of a taco it should fit no problem but the reflash may be an issue as flash files are vehicle model specific and not just a generic supercharger flash. hardware wise there should be no difference between at and mt on the install, if there is it will be minor hardware adjustments and should be easy to work around

Thanks for your response. I figured all the hardware is the same. I guess a call to a dealer service department would clarify the possibilities, and of course what the flash download charge would be.

if there is a file to flash i would guess between 100-250 for the flash, we used to charge an hour for any reflash (except a key reseed) that wasnt coved under warrantee or extra care. your dealer may vary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom