2006 LX470 - O2 Sensor, Bank 2, Sensor 2 (Downstream) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All, first thanks in advance. I'm looking for the location of the Bank 2 Sensor 2 O2 sensor for an '06 LX470 or equivalent. I know it's the right rear of the vehicle after the catalytic converter but I can't seem to find the location even w the help of a flashlight. I recently started doing all of my own work on this upon realization of the massive savings/enjoyment involved; any help is appreciated. Denso 234-4260 02 sensor and all appropriate tools are already here or on their way.

Red circle in below diagram. Passenger side, immediately behind the cat, on top of the pipe.

cats.png

EDIT: This diagram does not apply to 06-07 model years.

Last edited:
actually it's here, no offense mr junk. passenger side rear o2 is more hidden with longer wires. @2oclock looking forward, wires pointing straight at the drive shaft. 2006-7

delete4.jpg

Last edited:
actually it's here, no offense mr junk. passenger side rear o2 is more hidden with longer wires. @2oclock looking forward, wires pointing straight at the drive shaft. 2006-7

View attachment 2371520
Didn’t know 06-07 was different. Learn something new everyday! Thanks for correcting.

Thank you both! The initial diagram (Junk) was what was causing my headache as I was using the same breakout; I didn't know that the 06-07 was different either until the above photo (Jerry - hope that's a good story above, not a sad one). There is no Bank 1/2 Sensor 2 guide on this so I'll post up a quick how-to when I've done it for fellow neophytes. Upside is that is looks that the flange that is present for 98-05 isn't a part of the later models.

I can't get over this costing $70 with $20 crescent wrench cost included vs. dealership price.....

Last edited:
I am trying to figure out what part numbers I need for my o2 sensors because my 06 lx470 has a single cat and a down stream sensor that has a flange on it like in (junks) diagram. everything I read so far is I should have the kind that doesn't have the flange but I do . I wanted to change both o2 sensors on bank 1. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks

someone swapped in pre vvti cats, or aftermarket cats.
if you have the flanged version order the pre 2006. Be aware though that the passenger side has longer wires.
Id be suspicious and take that sensor off before I ordered a new one, match them up with pictures online

someone swapped in pre vvti cats, or aftermarket cats.
if you have the flanged version order the pre 2006. Be aware though that the passenger side has longer wires.
Id be suspicious and take that sensor off before I ordered a new one, match them up with pictures online
Thanks! That is kind of what I figured might have happened. I thought it was odd though because it is an extremely clean 100 and always dealer maintained. I have all the records supposedly and nothing about the cats. Do you know how to tell what up stream sensor I have by looking at it ? They have a part number for pre 03 and another for post 03. They look the same in pictures as far as I can tell. This is the chart I have been look at.
DDCE71B9-8BE7-498D-B9F7-01CC4BD66198.png

the air fuel sensor is in the header so should be safe to order stock sensor. I wouldn't blindly go off the chart above though. I'd look online.

show a picture of your cat. You're saying it doesn't look like this?

IMG_20200923_133804.jpg

View attachment 2371520

Hello. Will the cats on the bottom of the pic work on a 06 lx470? Does the part number 17401-50190 have holes for o2 sensor. It looks different from the second pic you posted.

They fit but they're not cats. No they don't have o2 sensor bungs.

I said that wrong in the quote. Passenger side rear o2 wires point at 10 o'clock looking forward.

Bought an 06 lx470 with P0420 and P0430. Almost done baseling. Changed out all o2 sensors and still getting code. I wonder if i will still get codes with17401-50190. Thanks for the quick reply.

420 and 30 are left and right cat codes.

yes you'd still get both with straight pipes.
there's plenty of info about those and fixing them on here.

Digging up this thread, sorry need information for my 2006 LX470. I went to buy an O2 sensor for the rear, bank 2 sensor 2, part number matches description but the wire is like 3" to short on the passenger side, both sides have same part number but the wire is too short. Can someone point me to the correct part for the B2S2 sensor i need? Thanks.

Last edited:
Digging up this thread, sorry need information for my 2006 LX470. I went to buy an O2 sensor for the rear, bank 2 sensor 2, part number matches description but the wire is like 3" to short on the passenger side, both sides have same part number but the wire is too short. Can someone point me to the correct part for the B2S2 sensor i need? Thanks.
Looks like Denso 234-4209 via the Denso part lookup.

Looks like Denso 234-4209 via the Denso part lookup.

That looks like it's a universal one without a connector and you have to splice. I'd like one with the connector attached for plug and play, i was at Advance auto, they looked up that same part and there was a sensor with wires dangling, no connector.

That looks like it's a universal one without a connector and you have to splice. I'd like one with the connector attached for plug and play, i was at Advance auto, they looked up that same part and there was a sensor with wires dangling, no connector.
Denso 234-4260
8177F23D-AD38-4C97-80EE-F34D61740217.jpeg

Alright just to confirm that the 234-4260 is the right part number for both rear down stream O2 Sensors, i thought the wire looks short in the package but when i unraveld it, it was the right length. It fixed my check engine light issue, all i did was drive maybe 5 miles and all the emissions monitor was set ready for testing. $77 at Advance Autopart. Old one was original toyota, 215K miles.

Left all my tools at work, went to harbor freight to buy this sensor tool and it snapped just as the sensor was free. Matco would've broken the sensor before the tool broke..lol
51341583163_e3ce9a2dc9_b.jpg

All the readiness monitors are set for emissions testing

51342376705_d58b5a5ec1_b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom