2005 Toyota 4Runner for sale on FaceBook for $1,200 Scam Who recognizes this 4Runner? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This vehicle popped up FB Market Place and sent me to an email: kathryn.ed21@comcast.net The seller's same is allegedly Debbie Myers.
Email response;
"My name is Debbie, I am very happy to see that you are interested in my 2005 Toyota 4Runner. It has a 4.0L 6-Cylinder gas engine, an automatic transmission and only 93,500 miles. Never had or needed any paint/body work done. It was always garaged, without any mechanical problems. The tires and the wheels are in great shape as well and the electric part is working perfectly. The Suv runs very well and the automatic transmission shifts perfectly.

I have a clean and clear title under my name. It belonged to my child who passed away 4 months ago, and I decided to sell it for only $1,200 because it brings back memories. Everytime I look at it, I just see how happy he was when I bought it for him. Me and my husband travel a lot with our business and we want to make this deal through eBay Buyer Protection Program.

So if you're interested in purchasing the Suv just reply to me with your full name, full delivery address and phone number, so I can notify eBay Motors. Once that is done, they will contact you in the next hours to explain the entire procedure. God Bless you and your family!

Sincerely, Debbie Myers"

Thank you for your reply!

"I was accepted for a new job and I moved to my hometown in Orlando, FL. I am a regular eBay user and for this sale I decided to use their services. Your money will stay in eBay possession and they won't release any payment to me until you inspect and accept the Suv.
The Suv is at the shipping company, ready to be delivered. You also benefit from free shipping and I think that it will be delivered to your address within 2-3 days and you have a 5 days (Inspection Period with Money Guarantee) to test and inspect it. During this time, you can drive and inspect the item before I receive any money. You can bring it to an authorized mechanic too. eBay will keep the payment in their position until you confirm that you want to keep it. If by any reason you do not want to keep the Suv, you will receive the money back the same moment they arrive at your location to take it back from you.

Whenever you are ready to move forward with the transaction please provide me with your name, full shipping address and phone number.
Thank you"

I wanted to put this out on the IH8MUD 4Runner forum in case anyone here recognizes this truck and the possibility of someone attempting to fraud a potential buyer.
2005 Toyota 4Runner for Sale 1.PNG

2005 Toyota 4Runner for Sale 2.PNG

IMG_1347.PNG

IMG_1348.PNG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom