2004 Sienna Wheel Bearing Noise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm 400 miles from home in the mountains of SE NC and I just started hearing a very slight wheel bearing like noise when turning to the right (loading the left) only indicating a left wheel bearing issue. Am I safe to drive this home? I have minimal tools and a slightly uneven gravel surface to work with. The bearing here was replaced at 158k now sitting at 190k, the right bearing may be original. I guess I could jack it up and feel for play. Swap the tires around and see if it changes any especially if it checks out ok when jacked up. Advice?

It would probably be a good idea to at least jack it up to make sure there not a bunch of play.
You'd be surprised by the degree of blown out bearings ive seen driving around. Or super noisy bearings with no play.

It would probably be a good idea to at least jack it up to make sure there not a bunch of play.
You'd be surprised by the degree of blown out bearings ive seen driving around. Or super noisy bearings with no play.
Just did tire rotation r to l front to back. There is no appreciable play that I could tell. When I did the job at 159k there was obvious play with no noise (caught on failed inspection). Also just passed inspection 2 months ago for what that's worth. It had been too long since rotation, quite a bit of front right edge wear. Maybe I have a tire out of balance... We'll see on test drive. Hope it's gone when I test it. Probably would not have noticed it if not for these windy mountain roads.

Last edited:
youll be fine, take care of it when you get back home. if the wheel bearing was at the point of coming apart you would have to ignore some very obvious noises and issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom