SOLD 2004 Lexus LX470 with 150K Fully Serviced and AHC Removed (Florida) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Up for sale is my ‘04 LX470.

I’ve had it for about 2 plus years now and it has been a great truck. It has 150K miles on it as of 1 April 2019. It’s mostly stock other than the AHC removal and the maintenance has been kept up on it and I have put a lot of time and money into it over the last 2 years baselining everything to get it as close to 100%.

It was a PA truck originally for its first years, and been in the south since. No accidents posted and all maintenance records can be found on Lexus’ website. All in all it’s been a solid truck with no problems other than regular wear and tear stuff along with the P.O. boogers that I found and fixed after I bought it.

Here is all the work I have done and all the previous work done by the PO that I can verify with all parts being factory Lexus and OEM parts unless otherwise noted.

-The factory AHC has been removed and OME Medium Load 1.5” suspension is on the truck.
-Slee Diff Drop installed.
-The timing belt were dealship serviced ~105K miles
-The CV boots were replaced and CVs repacked by dealership at ~140K miles
-Front bearings replaced and repacked ~147K miles
-New front brake pads and rotors ~147K miles
-Full 4-wheel alignment performed ~147K miles
-Has a brand new radiator, transmission cooler lines, and all new transmission fluid and coolant done by the dealership ~136K miles
-Replaced both exhaust manifolds along with new gaskets, studs and nuts Apr 2019
-Busted sway bar link replaced Feb 2019
-New engine and cabin air filters Feb 2019
-Bad AC line replaced and front and rear AC fully serviced Feb 2019
-Has ScanGaugeII
-Has the factory Toyota tow hitch with 7-pin adapter.
-Sits on BFG AT KO2s in 305/65R18s. Tires have about 15k miles on them.
-Has VAIS Bluetooth adapter installed.
-All interior lights have been replaced with PFRAN LEDs.
-New Oddyssey 34R-PC1500 battery in 2017.
-Headlights and DLRs have been resurfaced and clear coated.
-No core electronics related issues that I have encountered. No issues with windows, locks, seat/mirror heaters, power seats, steering column, auto dimming, Nav/HVAC, etc.... Only non operational bits are the Lexus Night View and the DVD player is actting up, both things I never even used until I op checked everything in December.
-Exterior is in great shape, no dents, no rust, only the usual scratches and dings from day to day driving. I’ll have a good wash, buff and wax prior to sale.
-Undercarrige has the typical surface rust, no penetrating rust or rot on any frame or suspension components and the body is rust free. Only real rust I found is the front hubs were frozen real good to the calipers and couldn’t be separated when I did the brakes and the PS sway bar mount where the AC drier drains had a little scaling on it, but was otherwise solid. I’ve poked and prodded and found no areas of concern. I wire-brushed all the body and frame mounts, knocked off the old paint and applied Fluid Film to all the areas where the surface corrosion was present.
-Interior is complete and in great shape with third row seats included, carpets are good, leather is holding up well and I have F&R Weathertech custom mats. I will have the front seat leather cleaned and reconditioned prior to sale.
-It just got a 150K dealership service in Feb 2019 and they gave it a clean bill of health.

The only easter egg that I haven’t addressed yet is I still have not removed the AHC reservoir and pump motor from the engine bay. I’ll see if I have the time to yank it all.

While I was planning on keeping it for a while and had plans for the LX, an
opportunity to buy a cruiser I have been looking for materialized, so I need to move one of my trucks to free up some cash and garage/driveway space. I want to keep the 1st Gen 4Runner so the LX is on the chopping block.

Up for $14,900

Last edited:
is this still available?

Yes it is.

If you have any questions, post here or shoot me a PM:cheers:

Took a little 200mile trip in the LX today for a parts run. Running good and soon to be sounding good!

3F2C3EAB-6222-42BD-A8C5-1B6EF6317562.jpeg

Say no to crack! :lol:

Last edited:
Let me know if you decide to drop the price at all!

I need to be at $13k. Totally understandable if you're not budging though - awesome rig!

Got all the parts in from Beno today, may get the new manifolds on next week if I can find the time.

Yep, just want to get the exhaust manifolds swapped out so the next guy doesn’t have to deal with it;)

Yeah, just working the time to get the new manifolds in. Work been busy lately.

Im going to try and knock out the PS tomorrow which is the easy one. And tackle the DS next week, that one I am not looking forward to. Total PITA.

Yes it is.

I’m almost done with the PS manifold and should have it in by sunday and I should have the other exhaust manifold wrapped up by the end of next week. Hopefully I can get the DS done in a reasonable amount of time but it’s a total pain in the azz.:doh:

I’ve got everybody who contacted me in order of when, so once the truck is done I’ll start going thru the list and go from there.

Thanks all:cheers:

Manifold #1 is in and hand tightened, gets torqued down tomorrow.:bounce:

278765CC-B973-4B1E-B36D-B27BC312C811.jpeg

However smashed my hand on the motor mount breaking the nuts loose:doh:

A huge thanks to Beno for the gaskets, nuts and studs!

All PMs replied to.

New PS manifold is good to go, drove it 50 or so miles today, got it nice and heated uo and no leaks, no codes, all gravy.

The DS nuts and studs are soaking overnignt in penetrating fluid, I’ll be tearing into it tomorrow and if all goes well, I should be done with the manifold by Friday or Saturday. Hopefully I wont snap anything:doh:

Last edited:
Donesies!

E4EC4980-A4C3-430C-AE36-D57319B769AE.jpeg

I had forgotten how annoyingly loud the exhaust manifold leak was now that it is gone.

Anyways, I have a few things to button up MX wise, want to re-check touque on everything, and I want to get 100 or so miles under my belt to make sure I ain’t throwing any codes with the new manifolds and O2 sensors.

Once I’m sure everything is good, I’ll drop the people that have PM’d me with interest in the truck and we’ll go from there.

Thanks for the patience.

Last edited:
Do you have emissions in your county in FL? If so does it pass? Looks like it should with your great work on the manifolds

Nah, no emissions here. The manifold fix was just do get rid of the tick-tick-tick that you get when they fail, and you gotta put all new hardware on as you mangle the nuts pretty good removing them, they are really soft and round out really easy. I had to use a deep well bolt remover to get them all out. Thankfully the studs came with the manifold nuts when I pulled them. I did the exhaust wrap so I could get rid of the crappy heat shield which invariably comes loose and starts to rattle like the cat shields do. I’m just happy I didn’t have to pull the motor mount bolts and raise the engine to finish up the DS manifold.

I took a good look at the manifolds and gaskets, it looks like it was the last cylinder on the DS manifold that was leaking. The manifold flange looked good, no cracks that I could find. It looks like either the gasket started to go, or the manifold it’s self started to warp a little leaking exhaust gas out the side.

Either way, problem solved. Maybe I will tackle the AHC pump today. Depends on how much of a mess I feel like making;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom