2004 LC. Hood Tolerence (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Friends
My 2004 LC has a 3-4MM variance on the front latching mechanism of the hood. In other words, it shuts well to the seam, but then if you take your fingers and lift up the hood (while latched), it moves 3m or so. It isn't going to come open but I am worried about vibration fatigue on the latch and paint over time. The hood is a big-flat painted piece of metal and year of unneccesary vibration is going to be a problem.

Is there an adjustment for the latch or its opposing catch bar?

Thanks

Friends
My 2004 LC has a 3-4MM variance on the front latching mechanism of the hood. In other words, it shuts well to the seam, but then if you take your fingers and lift up the hood (while latched), it moves 3m or so. It isn't going to come open but I am worried about vibration fatigue on the latch and paint over time. The hood is a big-flat painted piece of metal and year of unneccesary vibration is going to be a problem.

Is there an adjustment for the latch or its opposing catch bar?

Thanks

IIRC, the only real adjustments are the two spiral rubber bumpers on top of the front fenders. I have to twist mine upward regularly to take the "slack" out of the hood which alows the hood to close tighter and stops any vibration .

Perfect. That is a nice easy solution! Thanks Buddy.!

yup i have the little sprial rubber bumpers twisted out of the hood a little more then when i got the truck...helps keep the hood from moving up n down at higher speeds. The LX has the grille attached to the hood, so i guess the air moving over the grille makes it lift easier then the LC.

Yep. did it last night. works great. You can over extend the rubber adjusters which just has the affect of making the hood line look mismatched to the fender. Once you optimize the height for vibration and appearance, it all works well.

The thing I learned was you don't have to have both adjusters at the same height. Slightly mismatching mine centered the hood and made the gaps on BOTH sides of the hood equal. I guess sheet metal and hinges are never perfect so that is why they have the adjusters.

Nice to know there is something that is easy to fix (even for me)

Thanks for the help guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom