1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2004 LC. Hood Tolerence

Discussion in '100-Series Cruisers' started by soberman001, Feb 23, 2007.

1. soberman001

soberman001

Friends
    My 2004 LC has a 3-4MM variance on the front latching mechanism of the hood. In other words, it shuts well to the seam, but then if you take your fingers and lift up the hood (while latched), it moves 3m or so. It isn't going to come open but I am worried about vibration fatigue on the latch and paint over time. The hood is a big-flat painted piece of metal and year of unneccesary vibration is going to be a problem.

Is there an adjustment for the latch or its opposing catch bar?

Thanks

2. SINCITY100

SINCITY100

IIRC, the only real adjustments are the two spiral rubber bumpers on top of the front fenders. I have to twist mine upward regularly to take the "slack" out of the hood which alows the hood to close tighter and stops any vibration .

3. soberman001

soberman001

Perfect. That is a nice easy solution! Thanks Buddy.!

4. 1loudLX

1loudLX

Media:
    Albums:
    yup i have the little sprial rubber bumpers twisted out of the hood a little more then when i got the truck...helps keep the hood from moving up n down at higher speeds. The LX has the grille attached to the hood, so i guess the air moving over the grille makes it lift easier then the LC.

5. soberman001

soberman001

Yep. did it last night. works great. You can over extend the rubber adjusters which just has the affect of making the hood line look mismatched to the fender. Once you optimize the height for vibration and appearance, it all works well.

The thing I learned was you don't have to have both adjusters at the same height. Slightly mismatching mine centered the hood and made the gaps on BOTH sides of the hood equal. I guess sheet metal and hinges are never perfect so that is why they have the adjusters.

Nice to know there is something that is easy to fix (even for me)

Thanks for the help guys!