2003 GX470 my new project/ daily driver (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy friends,
Just got this beast and would love some support and tech advice.
Known issues: valve cover gasket needs to be replaced
Power steering hose leak.
I’ve also noticed some squeaks on the back shocks, which I plan on changing out soon for kings. But I also plan on keeping the AHC system.
As you can tell the wheels are going back to stock (found some stocks on marketplace for 200. That will do for now).
I wanna get get steel bumper to replace the bull guard and current bumper lol
Also I plan on trimming the back bumper and replacing the running boards for rock sliders
For the rest I plan on following Dirtdawg’s proceedure for the coils and sensor lift
8734C830-6799-457A-99F0-3CD20BC0C8B6.jpeg

Did you mean the trick for the airbag height control?
The AHC tread you linked is for the 100 series LX

You will want taller airbags if you're sticking with the adjustable air system. Over inflating the stock bags will produce a harsh ride and lead to airbag failure. This is particularly true if you are using older bags that were original to the truck. The shock spacer is an interesting solution to keeping the adjustable dampening shocks. I haven't seen that employed before on the GX.

You will want taller airbags if you're sticking with the adjustable air system. Over inflating the stock bags will produce a harsh ride and lead to airbag failure. This is particularly true if you are using older bags that were original to the truck. The shock spacer is an interesting solution to keeping the adjustable dampening shocks. I haven't seen that employed before on the GX.
This is interesting. Do you know of any taller airbags for this model?

This is interesting. Do you know of any taller airbags for this model?
This is the correct product...

Last edited:
The Lexus GX and LX series’ share the same suspension system and both employ AHC systems.
The first part is not true. Height control on the GX simply adjusts the air pressure in the air springs. Only the rear is adjustable.
The LX (and some LC) add a hydraulic control system to the mix and can adjust the overall height of the vehicle.

I stand corrected. So now we’re looking at the lifted airbags and a matched front lift with shock spacers sitting on 285/75r17s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom