2001 Lexus LX470 Head Unit (Radio/Climate Combo) - cannot locate replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm having a real hard time finding a replacement unit here. I have done all the searches and understand it is an integrated unit, that really no one seems to have figured a work around on. I would happily replace it with a standard climate control module and an aftermarket radio....but that strangely does not seem possible.

I cannot find a used or even new head unit from my online poking and phone calls. Can anyone help point me in a direction to a source that sells these, or has a way to repair?

The places online that show the part number (86120-60390) tease you with being able to see it and order, it, but when it comes time to check out, you learn that the part has been discontinued and is no longer available....

2001 Lexus LS470

Thanks!
Jason

This is such a strange issue -- it seems unresolvable on some level. Lexus/Toyota does not sell the part, it is NLA. No one seems to repair them that I can find...and no one makes and aftermarket solution. So I am stuck with not just no radio, but no way to change the climate control system...

I'm open to creative ideas!

Thanks -- I had not seen the crusierparts one - and maybe you are right, maybe they have it on a back dusty shelf...I'll call in the morning.

All the salvage places seem to come up empty handed, and one knowledgeable guy made a great point when I spoke with him on the phone -- these trucks rarely end up in the salvage yards, guys like us save them before they get there.

Thanks TXLX100 - they had one on the shelf, and I got it. Must be the last one in the world!

Well, sadly, I still have the issue, and am on the hunt for a replacement unit. Cruiserparts said they had one, took the credit card, even allowed payment for overnight shipping, and then 9 days later....they admitted they did not have one, and were trying to locate one.

So, I am looking for one if anyone has a lead on a unit -- new, used, or an alternate technical solution to this issue. Amazing to me that a car cannot be fixed and there is no climate control or radio for the truck now....

I admit I have not done a great job explaining this as I re-read my own posts -- the touch screen unit is just fine, it is the unit just below that -- the single DIN cassette player -- but since it is broken, the touchscreen unit above does not work (so no radio, climate, etc.).

It is in the attached pic -- the unit that has the cassette deck. Single DIN, seems to be made by Pioneer, part number is (86120-60390).

LX470_Radio.jpeg

Did you find a solution for this issue? I have called a local guy who says he can do it but i have been unable to schedule a time with him for about three weeks now. I also reacged out to United Radio (I found a post on MUD about them) and they will diagnose the issue and then give you a price for repair. The problem there is you have to mail the bad product to NY.
Are you sure its the radio? I have been told that even though the radio isnt working (my nav screen is but says radio off) that it may be an amplifier issue.

I have regular system, not mark Levinson. Everything 'appears' the same. My cassette has one of the rockers not working in one position. Annoying. I should dig into it one day...
I'm currently working on intermittent touch screen issue. Sometimes it will work for months then wont reply to touch unless I run my finger around the outside edge of the screen then it comes to life. I'm convinced it's the surround too close and changing clearance with temperature (I know, just pop it out and let it float for testing purposes) or the LED touch lights are dirty or.........? I am sure this model uses no digitizer touch screen like conventional but a series of red LED arrays around the outside to sense touch by ray deflection. The Jaguar's also used this system.

I still don't understand what is wrong with yours. Are you saying with the cassette portion not functioning it kills the whole unit? I can change my controls from the screen or through the menu's through the buttons at the top and side and also 'manually' adjust items through the top and lower 'mechanical' means when my screen is not accepting touch.

On a side note, if you ditch your system I would be interested in buying it for parts. Thanks.

I know it's five years later, but ever figure this out? I have the '02 Mark Levinson with integrated nav and climate and would love to find a way to upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom